Pt3. Heroes and Villains

In a flash the group is warped to a completely new location, the surroundings unfamiliar to you. Before you begin to understand where you are Shadow grabs you by the arm and pushes you up against the wall. "Why did you bring them!?" You grunt weakly as Shadow yells behind you, his grip tightening.

"Shadow, we couldn't just leave them to die-" Amy steals a glance at you pensively, "-even if we might think that they deserve it. It's our duty to help anyone we can." She walked over, taking your belt of goodies off your waist and stepping back.

Shadow huffed intently. "Any ally of the doctor should be held accountable for their actions. This (Y/A) in particular. The information leaks, the plans to various government facilities, schematics for technology being developed and records of Nocturnus Clan devices- All of those were stolen and hand delivered to Robotnik because of them." You could feel his words cutting into you, like knives being thrust into your spine. "Payment with their life is letting them off easy."

Sonic wipes his face with a nearby rag, his gloves still messy, "But- didn't you work for Egghead for a while there too? And try to overthrow the government, blew up a island, helped Egghead blow up the moon, tried to kill everyone on the planet-"

Shadow held a hand up, "I get it, message received." His grip loosens as he lets go of your arm. As you look at him you can see he's still watching your every move in case you try anything. "Regardless we were forced to flee one of the doctor's installments. Destroying it is one thing but we weren't so careless as to cause the entire factory to go supernova."

You furrow your brow, Tails taking note and stepping forward, "I also thought it was strange. I didn't get a chance to get a good look at the wiring while we were there but it almost seemed like Eggman planned on the plant exploding."

Sonic chuckled, "Well of course! When all of us are together there's nothing we can't do!"

Shadow tensed his arms, his expression hardening in thought. "I need to look in to a few things, I'll take our uninvited guest with me to keep an eye on them."

Amy raises her finger in protest, "Respectfully Shadow, I think they'll be more likely to stay in one piece if they stay with us instead..."

Shadow grunts disapprovingly. "They are full of useful information and intel on Eggman, I won't allow anything to happen to them til I've gotten it all out."

Sonic chuckles again, shooting Shadow a knowing glance, "I think we all know that just means you'll practically torture them til you get all the info you want. We still gotta work on your compassion a little there Shad."

Shadow grumbles, turning away and leaning against the wall. "Don't call me 'Shad,' Sonic."

The atmosphere shifts, feeling strangely light as everyone seems to get a giggle out of the exchange between the use-to-be enemies. You let out a sigh, crossing your arms. "Shadow's right you know, as long as I'm here I'm still a threat to- whatever it is you're doing."

Knuckles pounds his fists together a few times. "Planning on causing more trouble? We know how to deal with that kind of behavior.."
You scoff, rolling your eyes, "Spoken like a true hero, echidna. You do the world proud by beating your captive to a pulp because they happened to push your buttons."

"Hey friends, let's all calm down." Sonic claps his hands together. "It's been a long night of kicking egg butt and blowing up factories. Why not just chill out for the night, maybe hit the chili dogs tonight and start fresh tomorrow."

Amy nodded emphatically, "We just did a lot of work trying to arrange the assault on Eggman's base. Trust me I want to hash this out too but we should get some rest first."