twelve

˖° ALL OF ME
chapter 12 — stacy's moment

SYLVANIE SAT IN HER PASTEL green body tight dress, her hair in bubble braids

it was the day of stacy's bat mitzvah, and it was time for the more religious part where she had to read from the torah.

everyone was in the temple, waiting for stacy and her family to arrive.

sylvanie was in the front row, which was reserved for family and close friends.

next to her were papers saying the seats were reserved for lydia and her family, but sylvanie knew they weren't showing up.

tara, nikki, or lydia hadn't spoken to stacy or sylvanie since lydia's bat mitzvah. stacy because of what she 'did' and sylvanie because of how she was on stacy's side.

why the hell would sylvanie not. lydia outed her with everyone watching, told her off and basically called her a filler friend. and for once in her life, sylvanie didn't have a comeback, and still...she's pissed at herself.

as people murmured the door's opened, and the sound of stacy screaming was heard.

"pull it together!" her mom yelled, and chuckled nervously as everyone turned.

"calm down." mr. friedman said as he held stacy. "i don't want to go." stacy complained.

after a few minutes of forcing stacy to get up on the stage, the service began.

"shabbat shalom." rabbi rebecca said. "shabbat shalom." everyone said back.

"today is a very special day. our brilliant, young stacy friedman is called to the bimah for her bat mitzvah."

rabbi rebecca continued to talk, and sylvanie shot a look at stacy, and stacy caught it.

they both didn't want to be there. sylvanie wanted to support her best friend, but after what happened with andy the night before - that stacy doesn't even know about - and what's going on with her friends...she would rather be home.

and as for stacy, it was self explanatory. her and lydia were ruined, and even though it was her birthday she had no reason to be happy.

"seema." rabbi rebecca said turning to stacy, knocking her and sylvanie out of their thinking eye contact.

stacy cleared her throat, looking down at her family and friends.

she smiled at ronni, and her older sister smiled back. stacy then looked at sylvanie, and sylvanie gave her a thumbs up.

stacy then began, "barechu et adonai hamevorach."

"baruch adonai hamevorach leolam vaed." the crowd all said in unison.

"baruch adonai hamevorach leolam vaed. baruch atah adonai eloheinu melech haolam, asher bachar banu mikol.." stacy said, trailing off as she looked at the empty seats next to sylvanie.

"ha - amin..." she slowed down. stacy sniffled, "i made a huge mistake."

rabbi rebecca gasped, moving away and going to sit.

"i'm sorry, i don't even know what i'm doing up here." stacy continued.

the guitar starting playing, and rabbi rebecca stopped him.

she sniffled again, "in the jewish religion, i am supposed to be a grown-up today."

"but i have been so selfish and bratty and annoying to my parents who who just want to make me happy."

stacy ranted a bunch of apologies to people, well...more so to nikki, tara, and shockingly sylvanie. even though sylvanie felt like stacy had nothing to apologize about.

then she sorta apologized to megan, kym, and anya before calling them a-holes..

then she went to andy, who shot up after almost falling asleep.

"andy..i'm gonna keep it brief because i know you can't focus on one thing for that long." stacy said.

"but your basic, and not nice to people...and you wonder why sylvanie doesn't like you."

"oh and...if i'm being honest, not that good at soccer. like compared to aaron, you kinda suck."

the crowd laughed and murmured, and aaron yelled out, "you suck!"

"and worst of all, because of you i ruined my friendship with the one person that matters the most."

"but...you and sylv would be pretty cute together. she's the only person that can bring out the good side in you. sylv, just maybe give him a chance...i think if you do he would stop being a jerk."

"but..i need to tell lydia how bad i messed up." stacy started to get off stage, before her dad stopped her.

"hey, hey, hey. you gotta go up there and finish your torah portion before you go."

he hugged her, and then stacy walked back up. "quickly, so quickly, so quickly..." the guy started playing and singing the song from class.

"so quickly." stacy said as she laughed withe crowd.

then she began her torah portion, knowing it all and doing it smoothly.

sylvanie remembered all the nights stacy called her, trying to figure it out as she was confused.

and now she was doing and sylvanie couldn't be any more prouder of her bestfriend.

and when she was done, stacy smiled. "i did it!" the crowd cheered.

"now go!" rabbi rebecca said and stacy ran off as everyone threw candy at her.