8. Ash

"Papa wants to bring me again for another Devils home game tonight." I complained tossing my phone on my desk after reading his text.

Ellen is currently here in my office eating her lunch as she always do-- we eat lunch together except today. I came at the office late since I have a lunch meeting.

"What's up with that? Can I come along?" Ellen says.

"I don't even want to go." I said.

"Why? Do you have any plans tonight?"

"Nothing."

"Then why not?"

"I just don't want to. Again, I am not interested about the game." I reasoned out. "Just like last time, I was just there following Papa everywhere he goes. I felt so damn bored!"

"We'll then just tag me along, so you won't feel bored." Ellen says. "You can't say no to your father."

"You know you can't just use that sentence on me every now and then."

"Well then honey, trust me. I just did!" She says. "I know you pretty well, your Dad is your weakness!"

I just smiled and shake my head because she is saying the facts!

"By the way, just a reminder you have an important and a huge client coming today."

"I have?" I repeated. "I specifically didn't remember that I'm going to meet a client today."

"No you didn't, because I just happen to arrange it today." Ellen replied.

"Ellen, our schedule is booked the whole month. We can't just insert clients out of nowhere!"

"Oh trust me honey this client is very important!"

"And who is it exactly?"

"Jack Hughes."

"What?!" I said in complete disbelief. "As in the hockey guy?"

"Yup." Ellen replies smiling sheepishly.

"So he's interested on jewelry or something? I didn't notice him wearing even just a tiny necklace or even just a ring." I commented. "Are you sure about that?"

"Actually, he wants a customized jewelry set for his mom."

"Then show him some of the designs that we have, or maybe go ask Mother Shelly to design something for him." I suggested.

Aside from me, Shelly a middle-aged woman who I dearly love works for my business as a designer. She loves customizing jewelries that is fit for the customers who has the same age bracket as her. I love that woman, and she's like my second mom not just mine but everyone here in the store.

"Mother Shelly has a client too, and she is not free until four. And besides, Jack specifically wants you to design the jewelry yourself."

I was silent, studying the whole situation. Because I have a great feeling that the guy has another hidden agenda-- it is not just about the jewelry. But at the same time part of me says that maybe I am wrong! He does want only but a jewelry designed by me for his mother.

"So?" Ellen sounded.

"I'm trying to contemplate things!"

"Oh come on Ash! He's willing to pay any amount! This is huge we can't lose this!"

"Do you really mean that? Or you're just using this so that you have something to tease me about?"

"Both." She answers straight away making my jaw drop in complete disbelief.

"I hate you." I said.

Ellen just laughed. "Seriously, just accept it. Just do this for his mom. Plus, it'll be a great way to gain more customers right? The NHL community is pretty big, we can get some out of the hockey wags."

"Hockey wags?"

"Wags. Wives and girlfriends!"

Well... Fair enough! She's right. We can gain more customers considering the influence that Hughes guy has. His mom or even Hughes himself will recommend my jewelry line to their friends and family. The client is considered as huge indeed, and I might regret this if I don't accept it because of me being delusional.

I sighed.

"Okay I'll do it."

"That's my girl!" Ellen replies standing up grabbing all her trash and went out of my office. "I'll ring you up once he arrives. Look pretty!"

I rolled my eyes. Business is business we'll do this thing!