3. Ash

"You know the cute guy from the other table, have been checking you out the whole time right?" Ellen, my secretary slash bestfriend slash big sister.

She's five years older than me and her mom used to be my mom's secretary way back in the day so we've known each other since we were kids.

"Which one?" I asked just out of curiosity and boredom, I wanted to leave but dad insisted on sticking around until the party is over. I can't say no to the old man especially if it's a moment of celebrating his achievements. Yup! He considers this as an achievement, I'll give it to him.

"That guy with a kinda long hair..."

"They all kinda have a long hair." I answered still looking at the other table finding out which one Ellen is talking about.

"Uhmm... the one who is staring back at you?" She responds and then I caught his eyes. He smiled at me and I find it weird, I didn't smiled back and just glared.

"Did he just smiled at you? Oh wow..." Ellen added.

"Hush babe, I got no time for that." I shut her down and finish my glass of wine.

I know that type of guy, literally, if they don't want to take advantage of my wealth and influence, then for sure they just wanted to get into my pants. Not that I am way too full of myself, but I just know that I always get a man's attention even if I don't try.

That's what they call Pretty Privilege.

Before, I used that to my advantage causing me to be stupid and let myself be treated like an absolute crap. But now, I began hating it somehow because people tend to look at me like I only just have the beauty but no substance.

Stereotyping as shit!
And that is why after learning that type of reality I have, I began establishing myself to be untouchable. So yeah, I don't have time for guys like that or any man at all.

"Where are the waiters? I need another glass of wine." I announced changing the topic.

"Girl, you might want to slow down. It is still early."

"Well getting drunk is a great reason for us to leave early, Papa doesn't want a drunkard bitch." I said and excused myself to grab myself something to drink at the nearest bar counter. I decided not to drink wine instead, but a harder drink this time or whatever.

"One vodka Martini please." I ordered.

As I wait for my drink, a figure suddenly appears on my side and as I try to use my peripheral view it was the same guy who smiled to me at the other table. He only asked for a champagne and I couldn't help but look on his drink and to his face when the bartender handed both of our drinks at the same time.

"Our nutritionist strictly imposes the no hard drinks during the season." He started talking still smiling at me.

I don't know if he just happens to be naturally friendly, smiling, or just using his smiles as a tactics to lure girls over.

"I'm Jack, by the way." He introduces. "Jack Hughes."

As much as I don't want to talk to any guys out here. I don't want to be rude and ruin my father's reputation either, after all, the New Jersey Devils organization is already under our family name. And this guy next to me is helping this organization to thrive for our advantage too, so I guess I'll give him a chance.

"Ash." I replied.

"You're a fan of the game?"

I stared at him and just shake my head and sip on my drink. "But guess I'll have to start watching from now on."

"Yeah, you should. I highly recommend. It's a great sport." He answers. "You know, you should watch the home game this weekend against Detroit."

I tried to smile. "Maybe."

For some reason this guy just doesn't know how to shut up and keeps on blabbing about the game that somehow just became like a background music to my ear where every lyrics and beat just went straight to my ear and went out on the other ear. Well, basically I wasn't listening I just let him blab and blab until he gets tired.

"Like, seriously!" He laughs. "How does it feel like to be Mr. Z's child?"

"Mr. Z?" I repeated.

He nodded. "Mr. Z. Your dad, we call him Mr. Z."

"Oh." I said finally making sense.

"Yeah, how does it feel like?" He asked again. I don't know why but suddenly I felt pissed with what he just asked me. I have been asked about that question a handful of times and most of the people who asks me that are those people who are only interested with the wealth my father has!

"Really? Did you just asked me that?"

"What? It's not like I--"

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Hughes." I cut him off. "Good luck with your games... Or whatever."

And I walked out heading back to my table to go grab my things and maybe officially leave the party for good. I'm just not in the mood now.

Jezz! Snakes are completely just everywhere. Why do I always keep on attracting them? I don't freaking understand!