TEN / Champagne Conversations.

EPISODE 03 : TELL NO TALES( Champagne Conversations )

( Champagne Conversations )

FORMAL EVENTS ARE few, or shall Estrella Narváez more accurately say, none in her book, and therefore, she has no clue what to do in one.

Luffy and scatter-brained Usopp have taken to the hors d'oeuvres like starving orphans to their daily meal, feasting on two or three at a time. In the same breath, Usopp begins recounting some of his grand adventures.

Estrella feels no inclination to join them, so she sets her sights on Nami, only to retreat once the brunette realizes the woman in question is chatting away with one of the guests — The only guest besides the ones that were never invited in the first place.

Estrella adjusts her suit jacket in a simple manner, taking in her own appearance like a glass of red wine. She doesn't hate the way she looks, and thanks to Nami's expert skills, Estrella has the addition of a gelled down middle parted ponytail, a pair of burgundy heels, and some golden jewelry.

Not bad.

With no one but the lonely drinks table to keep her company, the brunette walks over and grabs a glass of presumably an alcoholic beverage with a citrus slice inside.

"Mm." She hums in contentment as the bubbly liquid slides down her dry throat. "Grapefruit."

A hand moves around Estrella, gently pressing against her shoulders as she's moved out of the way. Zoro stares at the beverages in longing and grabs a glass without a second thought, downing the liquid in seconds.

"I've tasted better." He comments sourly when he's finished, but takes another glass nonetheless.

"I guess you'd know what's good and what isn't, since all you do is drown your feelings in alcohol," Estrella says lightheartedly, taking another small sip.

"I don't —"

"Kidding." The brunette interrupts the man before he can even start. "Though I don't suppose you know what a joke is, even."

Estrella laughs at the confusion twisting the green-haired man's brows, knotting them in a tangled mess of conflicting emotions.

"I didn't take you for a drinker." Zoro's lips settle on a random topic, eyes straying past the room to land on his conversation partner.

The woman hums; her lips, swabbed with the slightest of reddish tints, turning upwards.

"I'm not." She replies simply, taking another sip. "But today I can be whatever I want."

Zoro watches the mischief twinkling in Estrella's eyes — Her parents, or perhaps it was the heavens themselves, did a spectacular job in bestowing her such a title and legacy (She is indeed, a Star).

The brunette takes her final sip, and Zoro watches as her gloved hand places the empty glass onto the tablecloth. He can't remember the intricate patterns hidden beneath the fabric, but he does recall that they are indeed as marvelous as Estrella herself.