NINE / Scars That Glow.

EPISODE 03 : TELL NO TALES( Scars That Glow )

( Scars That Glow )

LED BY USOPP, the four walk through the back entrance of the house, their faces alert.

Estrella gazes at the large and empty space in what seems to be the backyard or a garden of some sort, with a stone-built well in the center of the spiral concrete.

Zoro peers inside, and Estrella grips his forearm to bring him back before he face plants at the bottom of the well.

"Careful, stupid." She warns softly, letting go of the man's arm when he backs up stiffly.

The brunette wipes her hands on her shirt, feeling naked without any sleeves or gloves covering her hands and arms.

"Kaya's given me an open invitation to drop by anytime I want." Usopp hums as he waits patiently for the crew to admire the scenery.

"Wow. All of this for just one person?" Luffy says in awe.

"Well, she lives here with her butler and a few other staff." The dark-skinned man leans against the well.

"Must be nice," Estrella comments mindlessly, tracing the rim of the stone well. It's old and covered in dirt; Unused.

"Money really shows you who people truly are." Nami murmurs, staring into the distance. "Most people only care about themselves and what's theirs."

Zoro scoffs lightly. "Sounds like someone I know."

Nami looks forlorn. Estrella can see it in her crystalline eyes, and the way her throat bobs up and down as she swallows harshly.

"And a small staff makes for easy pickings." The woman replies instead, blinking away her expression and replacing it with indifference.

Luffy and Usopp take off, and Estrella is forced to remain listening to Nami and Zoro's back-and-forth insults.

"Why? Gonna rob the place blind?" He asks.

Nami's face curves into a smirk. "At least a little blurry."

"Sounds fun." Estrella shrugs, not particularly interested.

"You say that about everything." The orange-haired woman replies dully.

"Can't a girl have fun these days?" Estrella asks, raising her shoulders defensively.

"Not if your type of fun is stuffing heads in sacks." She gives both Zoro and Estrella a look.

"That's work, not fun. I have other hobbies." The brunette replies indignantly.

"Right, like what?" Zoro mutters under his breath.

"Like being the best, duh." Estrella replies proudly.

The three share a small laugh.

"So if you have an invitation, why are we going around the back way?" Up ahead, Luffy asks.