TWO / Coward With A Sword.

EPISODE 01 : ROMANCE DAWN( Coward With A Sword )

( Coward With A Sword )

WITH AN EMPTY sack, Estrella boards the small getaway boat tethered to Alvida's ship, without her prize in hand.

Luffy seems particularly pleased in his work, having thrown Alvida overboard before Estrella could get her hands on the pirate. It's infuriating, but there's hardly any use crying over spilt milk — especially if it's already gone bad.

Koby, always the worker, rows the small boat diligently. Estrella isn't sure whether the poorly made wood can sustain the weight of three people, but she doesn't bother speaking up about it.

"That look on Alvida's face. I've never seen anyone stand up to her before." Koby tries to make conversation, but Estrella is leaning horizontally on the small floor of the boat, not paying attention to a word the chore boy is saying.

Her eyes close and her fingertips follow the movement of the waves as the rickety boat sways from side to side in the water.

Their conversation is drowned by the buzzing noise settling in Estrella's head, slowly seeping into her skull as the Sun's warm glow lulls her body into slumber.

When her eyes flutter open once again, Estrella finds herself back in Punto Alto, a few feet shorter and body nestling within her all too familiar blankets.

The sweet siren-like voice of her mother sings Estrella to sleep, and she snuggles further into the woman's arms.

"Ama, there's a monster in my closet." Estrella whimpers through her tears, chubby cheeks slick with her golden cries.

And there is. A long creature watches Estrella through bloody eyes, crippling fingers in constant reach towards her — trying to bring her to his home, where Estrella will never see the Sun again.

It crawls over with the death of Estrella's light, waiting patiently for her to be left alone before he joins her and curls up beside her, watching, waiting.

But her mother's fingers feel soft as they brush the hair out of Estrella's eyes, safe and impenetrable.

"Don't worry, mija." Her mother hums. She always calls Estrella that, because that is what she is — Her daughter. "It's just the shadows."

Then she kisses Estrella's cheeks, drying her tears and reassuring her with one of her motherly smiles. "Good night, Estrella."

"Night," Estrella calls out weakly in response as her mother's comforting presence slowly slips out of the room.

Because when her mother leaves, the shadows crawl out to haunt her.

‎ ‎

‎DARKNESS GREETS ESTRELLA like an old friend from her dream ( nightmare, more like ), and she feels the palpitations of her heartbeat increase as fear kicks-starts her heart on.