FOUR / Bounty Hunter Face-Off

EPISODE 01 : ROMANCE DAWN( Bounty Hunter Face-Off )

( Bounty Hunter Face-Off )

WITH THE HELP of Nami's pickpocket skills, the trio finds themselves in Captain Morgan's office before they can get caught by any other Marine.

Estrella takes a few steps around the grand room,  her eyes scouring the walls and floors for any sign of the safe.

"I'm going to find the map. Pretend you're not here." Nami says to the two, sparing them a glance from behind her shoulder.

"But we are here." Luffy pipes in, following her up the steps.

Why Morgan needs steps in his office, Estrella doesn't know.

"Why do you want the map so badly anyway?" The orange haired woman asks, scoffing slightly.

Luffy grins. "I'm gonna use it to find the One Piece and become King of the Pirates."

Nami sighs, shaking her head. "Figures. Every idiot dreams of finding the One Piece. People like you believe in something and you don't even know what it is."

Luffy moves to stare through a golden telescope as Nami shuffles through Axe-Hand Morgan's desk. Estrella, on the other hand, only stares around the room silently, her eyes trying to find any potential hiding places for a top-secret map.

"Well, yeah. Don't you?" The straw hat pirate asks, turning to point the telescope at Nami. "So why did you decide to become a thief?"

Estrella's eyes snap towards Luffy. Always asking the difficult questions, that one.

"I didn't decide," Nami said curtly. "I needed to eat. You do what you have to, to survive."

"Enough of the chit-chat. I can't listen for footsteps if you two won't quit your heart-to-heart." Estrella calls, pressing a palm against the wooden entrance doors.

"Not a heart-to-heart." Nami growls, glaring at her.

Luffy grabs hold of an axe from the Marine crest that is mounted to the wall, accidentally bringing it down. The desk begins to move, revealing a safe.

"Great. Anybody know how to unlock a safe?" Estrella asks, turning away from the door to look back at Nami and Luffy.

"Doesn't everyone?" Nami replies with a small mischievous smile, lowering her body so her ear is pressed against the safe and her fingers maneuver the lock.

Luffy leans over Estrella's shoulder to look at Nami's work, his eyes following the lock with as much focus as he can muster.

Their good luck doesn't last long, the loud blaring of the Marine base alarms interrupting the trio's highly secretive mission.

"Shit." Estrella mutters under her breath, turning from the safe to the door.

"Uh, do you think they know we're here?" Luffy asks, taking off his hat as he rests on one knee. He too places his ear to the safe with a grin.