' A Second Chance. '

Still Alive;

Erwin
Hange
Levi
Moblit
Eren
Ymir
Historia
Annie
Porco
Gabi
Colt

Ships;
Implied Eruri
YumiHisu
----------------------

“So it's a brain infection?” Eren asked, leaning back in his chair. Everyone had been called to listen to Hange's discovery.

“Yeah! It spreads through the body via veins, but I think, if we stop it at the source, we can heal people and undo the zombification.” Hange smiled.

Levi looked over at Eren. “Well, you have to hold up your end of the deal. Think you can do that?”

Eren nodded. “It might take some time, but I should be able to,” he responded. “Great!” Hange jumped in their seat.

Eren narrowed his eyes. Levi looked over at him and sighed. “It's too late to think about that. Right now, you need to focus on what we can do.”

“I know.” Eren stood up, walking away - probably to find a science-lab-ish room to work in. Meanwhile, Erwin turned to Levi. “Did you figure out what's wrong with him?”

“Sure I did. But it's not my place to speak on that. He'll tell you if he wants to,” Levi answered. Erwin let out a sigh. “Okay. With that aside, how long do you suppose it'll take him to find a cure?”

Levi shrugged. “Hopefully not too long,” Hange replied. Moblit nodded. “But that's just hope,” he added. “It might take him a while, including test whatever he comes up with, plus taking the time to wrangle up those zombies to test it on.”

Hange groaned and leaned back in their chair. “I don't want to wait too long... it's so boring here!” they complained.

“We're all bored,” Levi snapped. “But we can't rush Eren, or he'll screw something up and it'll take even longer. This was a school, right?” He turned to Erwin.

“Right.” Erwin nodded. “Okay, so that means there's probably an art room. You could go find it and see if there's anything to do there,” Levi suggested, looking back at Hange.

“I guess...” Hange sighed and stood up. “U- Uhm! C- Can I go with you...?” Gabi asked out of nowhere. Hange blinked at the little girl, then smiled. “Of course! I don't mind.”

Gabi nodded and hurried off behind Hange, who laughed and started skipping, takfing Gabi's hand in theirs. Gabi seemed to hesitate for a second, then gave in and skipped beside Hange.

Colt stared after them until they disappeared around a corner, then he turned to Porco and Annie and started talking quietly with them. Levi let out a sigh. I hope it doesn't take Eren too long to figure that cure out.

Erwin sat beside Levi, placing a hand on his shoulder. He said nothing, but Levi knew there were at least a thousand thoughts in the Commander's head. “You can talk. We're probably thinking the same,” he muttered.

Erwin sighed. “I don't want to rush Eren, but I hope this doesn't take him too long,” he admitted. Levi nodded. “I know. I want to fix the world already. I'm tired of living like this.”

Erwin squeezed Levi's shoulder lightly. “We all are. I'm tired of being one of them.”

Levi leaned against Erwin. “I can tell. I bet Ymir is, too. She probably just wants to be human again.”

“I bet. It's tiring, being a zombie. We live in fear of losing control.” Erwin let out a sigh. “We don't want to hurt anyone, but if the infection takes over, it'll cost us our life.”

“That's reality.” Levi stared at the ground. “It's the cruelest thing you'll ever know.”

Erwin followed Levi's gaze and lowered his voice. “I know. But we'll survive.”