' Falling Further. '

hey! i've been gone a while, from this book , atleast. sorry for slow updates. as this book isn't getting as much attention as i wouldve liked, its not one of my top priorities.

Notes;

Still alive;

-Levi, Eren, Porco, Gabi, Annie, Erwin, Moblit, Ymir, Historia, Colt

---

i'd like to say that in no way am i a doctor, nor do i have any professional medical knowledge. everything medical-related is simple stuff ive picked up over the years or otherwise thought up myself. i don't know who needs to hear this, but do not take any sort of advice from this. i will not take responsibility for your stupidity if you try.

the only "medical knowledge" i have is from warrior cats. thats all im going off of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay.. prepare for what?" asked Levi. "To fight. What else?" Erwin replied, turning to Levi. "Seriously? We've lost too many people to continue fighting." Levi argued.

"But things will never get better if we don't," Hange cut in. "Do you plan to cure this world?" Porco asked. Hange turned to stare at him. "We have to try," Erwin replied. "But that's impossible!" Annie argued. "Is it?" Hange answered. Ymir crossed her arms. "Only because we haven't tried," she replied. Historia nodded. "Everything is worth trying at least once."

"Some things really aren't," Porco argued. "Right. If humans really could find  cure for this infection, don't you think someone would have done it?" Annie added.

Hange shook their head. "Everyone's been in crisis since the outbreak," they responded. "People have been too anxious about making things worse or getting bitten and turned or killed themselves to do any experiments."

"Doesn't that tell you anything?" Levi asked sharply. Hange's eyes glowed. "Yeah! That we have to try!"

"No, idiot!" Levi's eyes widened. "Do you want to die?! It means we do nothing!" he stared at Hange, who just snorted. "We can't let this situation stay the way it is! And stop looking at me like I've suddenly grown two extra heads or something," they added.

"But we can't let it get worse, which might just happen if we do anything like that," Porco cut in. "Won't it?"

"It's a fifty-fifty chance," Moblit replied, tapping a finger to his chin thoughtfully. "Okay, so there's a fifty-percent chance it'll work! We should try!" Hange smiled.

Levi shook his head. "You're stupid, Hange. It's not so simple. The realistic chance of anything working is close to maybe a thirty-percent chance, max. That's a seventy-percent chance of failure."

"A thirty-percent chance is still a chance!" Hange argued. Levi bit his lip, but as he opened his mouth to speak, Eren returned to add his piece. "People are going to die quicker in your little experiments. You risk getting bitten if you plan to experiment on those creatures. A thirty-percent chance isn't enough to go off of."

"You finally have something helpful to say," Levi snorted. Eren rolled his eyes. "Anyway," he continued, "What do you plan to use as an antidote? I've looked over every infection remedy I know, and none can really help."

"Not alone, they might not, but if we mix them-" Hange began. "No. You'll cause an overdose. You can't mix medicines like that." Eren interrupted, staring at Hange, who stared back sadly. Eren growled. "If you can figure out what exactly the 'infection' is, I can try to figure out a cure. Deal?" Eren held out his hand.

Hange gasped. "Deal!" They agreed, jumping up and shaking Eren's hand exitedly. Eren rolled his eyes and pulled his hand away. Hange smiled, turning to the door quickly before turning back to the group. "Does anyone want to help me with my research?"