Nerd and blood alert

The day she arrived I knew something was wrong with her. And when, towards the end of the fourth period today, reports spread through the school that fashion chick Piper was lying in the girls' toilet covered in blood, my suspicions only grew stronger!

But first things first: I saw her for the first time at the beginning of the school year in German class. Sixth hour, no one was really listening anymore, except for the two of us. That's why our hands were the only ones that shot up in sync when the first question was asked.

"Well... Flamming, or Seabridge?" asked the teacher, apparently surprised that someone was paying attention.

Seabridge... strange name. Everything about her was strange. Starting with her gothic style of clothing, through her enormously large earrings and finally to her neon pink hair, which she wore under a colourful headscarf. Colouring your hair alone was pure poison for the body and neon pink too! Our eyes met. Normally, now came the awkward game of your-turn-no-your-turn, which I always played with the other nerds in their respective areas, but that didn't happen here. There was pure determination in her eyes. The girl had exactly one message: Woe to you, that is my question!

And then she started to speak. Her voice was full of confidence as she described to Professor Rosa Sprout in detail Mephisto's position in heaven during the Prologue in Faust 1.

So, literature is her strength, I thought to myself, but after the first three weeks of school at the latest I knew better: Penelope Seabridge was a top student in every single subject and if it weren't for her bright hair colour and her emo style of clothing, she would have been my clone. She had changed schools for unknown reasons and became my new classmate in my fourth year at Bralfep - School for Brawlers, came to my study group and spent every free minute in the library.

If two people were so similar and were interested and gifted in the same things, one would assume that they would get along quite well as people. If you're really expecting that, I'm afraid I must disappoint you: Penny and I didn't get along at all: we hated each other!

We were constantly competing, pushing ourselves to the top in every subject and every other school activity, and there wasn't a day that I didn't wish her to go to hell. She was my biggest rival, and I was convinced that she would kill to maintain her grade point average.

Well, and then one day the terrible rumours came that the princess-like blonde Piper had been found unconscious and covered in blood in the girls' bathroom at our school. Caretaker Gale personally drove her to the hospital before, breaking all the speed records that have ever been measured in the city centre. How it could be that there wasn't a huge pile-up that day still surprises me today. What didn't surprise me was the fact that Penny had left the classroom just before the embassy disrupted our geography class.

Normally I wouldn't go after a girl like that, but normally Penny would never just go to the bathroom during class. Like me, she would stay seated until the bell rang so as not to miss anything important. She had no motive to harm the blonde, although the fact that it was Piper was enough of a motive for me. Anyway, I had to investigate. Not because I wanted to stand up for the stupid cow or anything like that. No, I just had to make sure I wasn't going to be Penny's next victim. After all, I was probably their biggest thorn in the side here.

Well, as it stands here, it really sounds like I labelled Penny a bloodthirsty murderer and maybe I was overreacting a little at that point, but just wait and see!

When I entered the school library in break, I saw her already in the science section. And what can I say: she saw me too. She leaned casually against one of the shelves and eyed me with the look she always gave me.

"What does guillotine mean?" This game was part of our competitive madness. At first, we'd only occasionally asked each other sophisticated questions in the hope that the other person wouldn't know the answer, but now I'd even researched the internet to find questions she couldn't handle.

"Nothing at all, it is named after its inventor, the doctor Joseph-Ignace Guillotin," she replied unimpressed and even went one better when she asked me: "What is the judiciary?"

Really Pen now?! We probably looked on the same website.

"The judiciary institution in the state," was my cool answer.

Anyone who wants to call us crazy masterminds: please, go ahead!

"How can it happen that an ambitious top student leaves the classroom during class and shortly afterwards a mean diva is found covered in blood in the toilet?"

"Ah, an ambitious top student then?"

"Do not change the subject. That doesn't work for me."

"Hmm, maybe an unfortunate coincidence. Besides, they just said the girl was covered in blood. Plus, no one knows where exactly. It could just be that the poor thing is on her period and has had a fainting spell because of a beauty diet. She fainted, and as her body relaxed, a lot more came out down below."

Shit, the explanation sounded plausible. However, there was one thing that didn't fit.

"It's quite possible, your theory, but unfortunately it doesn't explain why you got up in the middle of the lesson and disappeared. After all, there was a risk that in your absence I would earn one bonus after another due to the lack of competition." Well, if she ever managed to explain that to me!

"Let's put it this way: I got a call that I couldn't possibly ignore. So, I left the classroom more involuntarily to pursue this. I could tell you now that I was on the phone until the terrible news, but you wouldn't believe me anyway."

True! I just had this certain feeling about this, let's call it mystery. And I was rarely wrong about my feelings, just like in class!

Penny grinned and moved close to me until her face was only inches from mine. OK, now a new feeling came over me that I had never known before. Was that discomfort? The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and my bottom lip trembled slightly as she continued in a whisper.

"Because you're right. It was me."

____________________________________________

Hey,

This is a part of a story I've started but never finished. I'm unsure if I should go on or just leave il like that and focus on new stories. What do you think?

Anyway stay legendary,

Coco

Scrapbook Momentsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें