Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Julian ended up putting his plans on delay for a few months. After talking to his boss apparently Julian was needed for at least a few months. When Julian finally got the chance to quit and transfer to the new job he received in the city Ezra already had an apartment lined up for him. Ezra set up a deal with the owner of the building while Lindy and I took it upon ourselves to be in charge of providing Julian with what we considered the necessities. It took all weekend to move him in we all sat around in his new living room while Lindy and I discussed our necessities.

Lindy started by handing him a large pile of menus. "What are these for?" Julian asked us. "I don't think I'll need all of this."

"You will," I told him. "Lindy and I even included sticky notes on them based on which places have the best foods. You'll thank us later."

"We've also included a map. We've labeled the map based on the best grocery stories, coffee shops, restaurants, and other stores close by."

"There's also a list of important phone numbers you'll need," I added. "It includes taxi services and everything."

He laughed shaking his head at us, "Thank you. This is bizarre but thank you."

"Trust me on the menus," Ezra told him, "Because a lot of us tell ourselves we won't use them but we always do. It's the most convenient dinner and you'll get tired of walking to find a place. Cleo and I order in at least twice a week."

"We do," I laughed and wrapped my arms around Ezra's waist, "because we're busy and don't have the effort to cook."

"Same with me when I'm at school," Lindy added. "You have a busy day and you're tired so you just pick a menu and order in. Easy."

"How does it feel?" I asked Julian changing the subject.

"I feel relieved," he admitted. "I made the right decision. My friends and family are here in the city. There wasn't much left for me back home."

"I'm moving here as soon as I can too," Lindy said, "I've even been thinking of using some of my savings to get an apartment now so I can live in the city permanently."

"Move in with me," I immediately suggested.

"Seriously?" she asked.

I nodded, "Why not? I'm gone working a lot during the day or I'm with Ezra most of the time so it's usually empty anyway. There's plenty of room and there's a bedroom I never use in the apartment anyway. If you can't afford half the rent we can just work something out and you can pay what you can afford. Besides, how amazing would it be to live together?!"

She smiled, "You make a good point. I'm in."

"Yay!" I hugged her.

"We're roomies!" She laughed. "However this does mean no more fooling around with Ezra while I'm home."

"Lindy!" My face turned red and I covered it with my hands.

I heard Ezra laugh and he hugged me, "That's okay there's always my house."

"Stop!" I laughed, "That's so embarrassing!"

I put my hands down and Ezra kissed me as soon as I did. "You still love me," he said, "Even when we are embarrassing you."

"You can't stop loving us," Lindy added with a smile.

I hid my face in his Ezra's neck causing him to laugh more. "See?" he said, "We left you speechless."

"We should change the subject," I replied not moving.

"Fine," Lindy sighed, "but only because I know you'll get back at me even worse if I continue."