Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"How's college?" I asked Lindy.

"I'm actually relieved that this semester is almost over."

"Are you going back home when the semester ends?"

"Yeah Julian said he'll help me pack my things and move back home for break. Any luck yet with the music?"

I shrugged, "To be honest I haven't been concentrated on getting noticed with my music. I've just been posting a few videos of my new stuff. I should probably start trying to get noticed before I run out of money."

"There is a label out there that will sign you Cleo. You're talented, you always knew that, and now that millions of people have heard your name and your voice you're obviously going to get another deal. This newer deal will be exactly what you've been looking for."

I smiled, "I hope so. Everything seems so different now. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that the case is over and I'm happy that I won against them, but it's been hard trying to take that next step. I don't even feel like the same person anymore."

"You seem different," she commented, "but not in a bad way. You've been through a lot, but I think you're a better person. Our experiences exist to teach us lessons about life and they shape us into the people that we're meant to be. Think of all the music and the lessons you'll be able to teach others thanks to what you've now learned? There are millions of people who go through some of the things you've gone through. Now you have to figure out what you want to do with that experience."

"That was kind of perfect and exactly what I needed to hear."

She smiled, "I'm happy to help. I should get going through because I have a final exam in a couple hours and I want to study a little before I get there."

"Sure," I nodded. "Good luck."

"Thanks," she hugged me, "I'll text you later."

"Sounds good."

I went to my music room after she left. I've had a couple lines stuck in my head for a song. Something Lindy said reminded me of it. There are a lot of people who go through some of those things, she's right. All those dreams I had, all that hope that filled me up, and all that faith I had that things would get better; I grew up with a false perception of the world and now I know better. I didn't bother picking up an instrument this time. I took out my journal and focused on the writing. I'm not sure how great of a song this will turn out to be. I think for now it should stay a simple poem. A poem what it means to grow up.

I read all the books

and I watched all the movies.

They taught me to dream,

and they told me to believe.

I thought it was real.

I didn't think they could lie.

If broken girls could find their love,

then why shouldn't I?

I grew up hoping,

with my head up in the clouds.

Dreaming of that person

to make those movies real.

Now I'm older

I know they are lying.

I'm not in a book,

or a character in a movie.

They taught me to dream,

and they told me to believe,