Chapter 17

Chapter 17

                Kendra showed up unexpectedly at my house the next morning. She was furious. She looked like she barely slept all night.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

She immediately threw five different magazines on my table. Oh no. No. It can’t be. They wouldn’t tell. They can’t risk their secrets getting out too. All five magazines had me on the cover. I went out with Ben, Laura, Demetri, and Lindy last night partying. We wanted to celebrate the release. I still can’t remember most of the night so I especially don’t remember cameras being there. I was clearly wasted in all of the pictures. Wait a second… Lindy. It had to be Lindy. Laura, Ben, and Demetri would never put themselves at risk like that. That bitch.

“Nothing to say?” Kendra asked. “Nothing?!”

“I don’t know how they got any pictures!” I argued, “I never saw anybody with a camera!”

“And that makes it better?! Your single was JUST released YESTERDAY! You cannot afford to screw it up now! The whole world knows about this. You’re ruining your career before it even starts! We did not sign you so you could become another screw up! How long has it been going on?”

“A while,” I answered.

“You are going to stop this right now before it goes any further.”

“You’re not the boss of me,” I snapped.

“You signed a legally binding contract you bitch so you better believe I can tell you to do whatever the hell I want you to do. I can take all of this away just as fast as I gave it to you. You can’t break a contract. Who gave it to you?”

I shrugged, “It’s not that hard to get.”

“WHO?!”

“None of your business,” I snapped. “I wouldn’t tell you anything.”

“Take the day to clean yourself up,” She ordered, “I have to get back to sort this out with the team. You’ve ruined yourself I hope you understand that. You’ll never have a career in this town if you keep it up. Don’t leave the apartment.”

                The second she was gone I got dressed and left the apartment. Like I’m really going to listen to her. I went immediately to Lindy’s apartment which turned out to be complete chaos because paparazzi were following me everywhere asking if the magazines were telling the truth. I stormed into Lindy’s dorm.

“What the hell?!” she asked.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” I yelled. “Are you trying to ruin my life?! Are you trying to ruin Ben’s life and Laura’s life and even Demetri’s life? What did you possibly think you’d gain from this?!”

She stood up, “I was thinking I would get my friend back.”

“Well you didn’t. You lost her.”

“You’re in over your head and you know it. I don’t even recognize you anymore. You look like a zombie and you can’t see how damaging the drugs are to your body. When is the last time you even ate? You’re practically deteriorating and I didn’t want to see you die!”

“You can’t control how I choose to live my life!” I argued. “How dare you try to ruin my entire career because you don’t approve of my choices!”

“It’s beyond your choices Cleo and you know it! You’re addicted and you can’t stop!”

“I am not!”