Chapter 33

Chapter 33

                Ezra must have some really famous connections to put together a huge photo and video shoot like this. There were four different sets they wanted to film and take pictures at. They were going to use the outfits I brought and some they already arranged. Ezra even showed them the videos I have posted so far and insisted that I bring my computer so I could show them the songs I haven't posted yet. I went to get changed and went to get put into make-up. Ezra stayed with the photographer and director to talk about what was going to happen. They decided I should sing either Kill Me or All the World for the shoot but they're letting me have the final say. I changed quickly and sat in make-up trying to decide which song I wanted to sing.

                Singing Kill Me would be almost as if I were singing an anthem because after everything I've been through I've gotten stronger and I'm rising up again. Singing All the World would be a sympathetic, emotional song that everybody could relate to. On the other hand All the World has its own anthem vibe to it too. Everybody basically knows I've been through a lot so maybe it would be better to release a song that discusses how I've been feeling for the last year or two.

Ezra walked in as they were finishing, "Have you decided?"

"I think I want to sing All the World."

"Good choice," he smiled.

I stood up and Ezra took my hand to lead me back out to the set.

"What will it be?" the director asked.

"All the World," I answered.

"The band will be playing the music for you, is that okay?" the director asked.

I nodded, "Do you mind if I play the guitar though?"

He smiled, "Ezra thought you'd say that; we saved it for you."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"The band is going to go through and practice the music while your photographer will start."

"This way," the photographer told me leading me across the room to one of the sets. It's decorated almost like an abandoned building. It actually looks pretty cool. I can see how it would fit the outfit I'm wearing too. "I'm Giovonni," he introduced himself.

"Cleo," I shook his hand.

                "So I watched your videos and Ezra told me about you and I thought this backdrop would fit perfectly. You've clearly been through a lot and these will be the first photos people will see since everything happened. You've been through a lot, beaten up in a way, but you're still standing. That's where the idea came for this."

I nodded, "I like it. I see where you came up with it. It fits with my style of music too."

"I thought so too," Ezra smiled.

"Ready?" Giovonni asked.

I nodded, "I'm just not used to photo shoots like this."

"Just be yourself," he told me, "and it'll be fine. They want to see who you really are so all you have to do is throw away your other mask. Most people in this business have one."

I took a deep breath and stepped in front of the backdrop. I can do this. Ezra standing there the entire time made me a little nervous, but I found it even easier to pose for this shoot than I did my previous shoots. My other shoots I became too concentrated on who I needed to act like. With this one Ezra and Giovonni kept making jokes to make me laugh or mentioning scenarios and having me act them out for the camera. The second backdrop was a fake outdoors backdrop and I loved it the most. I miss nature and my music always has a country outdoorsy feel to it. Ezra and Giovonni both realized it and they said the director did too. I love that they took so much time to get to know me and my music. They're listening more than anybody else ever has in this business. I wish I had a team like this. The third backdrop was a house setting like the first except they made it look like a really nice expensive house. It wasn't until I saw the third one that I realize what direction the video was going in. They're setting it up so I start out at the abandoned house, beaten up, and feeling down, but as the video progresses my outfit gets nicer and the backdrop gets nicer symbolizing how much stronger I'm getting until I end up outdoors where I always felt most comfortable. I was completely in love with the idea. The fans, and everybody, will see that I'm healing and getting strong, but they will also see that I care so much about other people as well.