Chapter 37

Chapter 37

                Out of all the people I asked everyone gave me good advice about the contract. I even asked my lawyer to go with me when I signed the contract in front of Tom and Kate. From then on my schedule became exciting. They handed over a calendar and asked me if I was okay with it. Together with Kate, my new manager, we worked out a schedule that involved lots of studio time to write and record new music. Kate even arranged it so I was in the same studio as Ezra. When I told Ezra he was thrilled and even volunteered to help me with the writing and recording process so I could make my first album perfect. I stepped away from the interviews and promotions because Tom wanted music to be my concentration. Anything involving my career or personal life ended up as questions in Ezra's interviews while I took my break for music.

                Tom and Kate were everything I expected them to be and it was a huge relief to have people who seemed to genuinely care about my opinions. They never failed to ask what I thought of their ideas or what direction I wanted my career to go in. When they kept asking those questions I knew I had made the right decision. They were always nice and gave me a say every step of the way. I practically lived in the studio. For three weeks I did nothing except write and record music. Ezra and Lindy thought I needed to celebrate so Ezra, Lindy, and Julian all came over to hang out at my apartment one night. Ezra provided the food and Julian brought the drinks while Lindy put in our favorite horror movie to watch.

"Have they told you when you'll be releasing anything?" Lindy asked me from across the couch where I was sitting.

I shook my head, "They want me to come up with ideas first. They told me that I have to be ready to release music. I shouldn't be self-conscious about my music. I love that they said though because they want to make sure I am going to stay in recovery and they want to make sure I am strong enough now to handle it."

"Are you?" Julian asked.

"Yeah," I smiled, "I think so. This music is just... it's me. Everything about it is me and I love that feeling I get when I'm in there writing or recording. I know I'm making the right decision and I know I'm going to release the kind of music that I've always dreamed of releasing. So I want to do this right and I want to release it at the right time. They're giving me the freedom to do that."

"I'm proud of you," Ezra kissed me quickly, "and your music is phenomenal."

I grinned, "Thank you, considering you've helped me write some of it."

"That's why I know," He laughed.

"We should stop talking about me," I told them, "Because I think we need to talk about something else."

"Like what?" Lindy asked.

"What about you?" I asked her, "How was school? What are you planning to do after you graduate?"

She shrugged, "I'm still working everything out. I've actually been thinking about changing my major."

"You're gonna change it this far into it?"

She nodded, "I'm not as passionate as I used to be. I want to major in something like psychology or sociology or something. I'm leaning towards psychology because I want to help people who are going through a hard time. Studying psychology seems fascinating."

"It seems like you," I smiled.

"Should I do it though?" she asked, "I mean I am pretty far into my degree already."

"Yeah but it won't do you any good if you're not passionate about it. You'll end up hating whatever job you get after you graduate. If you really want to change your major then change it."