Chapter 14

Chapter 14

                I met with Lindy the next morning at a coffee shop before she had to get to class. My newest bodyguard made sure to wait close by so we would have some kind of privacy. Not that it made any difference with all the cameras outside. We sat away from a window at the back of the café to avoid any extra attention.

“I guess I didn’t realize you were this famous yet,” Lindy said, “and it’s great for your career but wow. We have not hung out much in public lately.”

I shook my head, “That’s thanks to my new boyfriend and best friend.”

“That reminds me, how is the new best friend?” she asked.

I smiled, “Amazing actually. I don’t think it’s a set up. She was right; it would have happened eventually. We have a lot in common and I had a great time. She’s meeting me here actually after you leave for class.”

“That’s great. Now you have a couple friends in the business. I’m sure your team is thrilled.”

I rolled my eyes, “You have no idea. I like it though because it’s two people who have been through all of this before. They truly understand and can help me through it.”

“Are your plans with Laura the only plans you have for today?”

I nodded, “And I think Ben is meeting up with us too. We’re all going to go back to his apartment later to hang out. A bunch of their friends are coming.”

“I don’t mean to bring up bad memories, but have you talked to Julian lately?”

I shook my head, “Nope and I don’t want to.”

“He’s upset you know?”

I shrugged, “I told you what I needed to know. I can’t handle him being in my life right now.”

“He misses you and I don’t even mean romantically; I mean as a friend.”

“I can’t.”

“You have a boyfriend,” she told me, “So convince him that it’s the real deal. I promise I will go along with it. He will think you have moved on and use your boyfriend to move on from Julian. Then you will both have moved on and you can still be friends. You’ve been friends since before you even knew me, you can’t tell me you don’t miss him.”

I sighed, “Of course I miss having him as my best friend. Maybe you’re right… talk to him. I’ll try this but if something goes wrong I’m cutting him off again.”

“I promise I will talk to him and tell you how you’ve been. I will say that you miss having him as a friend, but he has to know that you’re in a relationship.”

“Good,” I smiled.

“Hey,” Laura walked up to us, “Am I early?”

Lindy looked at her phone, “Crap, I’m late. See ya Cleo.”

“Bye, talk to him!”

“I will,” She laughed getting up and leaving.

Laura sat down taking her place, “Lindy?”

I nodded.

“Who is she talking to?”

“I had this… thing… with her brother. Well, kind of, it’s complicated. I never actually dated him but we had feelings for each other. We kissed a couple times but I said no to being in a relationship because I was moving here. We got into a fight which I mentioned last time we hung out. Lindy came up with a plan so I can be friends with him again.”