Chapter Twenty One

Anastasia's Point Of View:

One year later:

I stare at myself in the full length mirror.

I can't believe I'm getting married in just a few minutes.

I take a deep breath and run my hands down the soft silky fabric, smoothing it out.

"Ana, you ready?!" Kate pops her head in through the crack of the door.

"Just....give me five more minutes. Please." I say back, still staring at myself in the mirror.

"Okay..." she says softly and closes the door behind her.

I take another deep breath and my eyes quickly glance over to my purse.

I bite my red painted lips for a second before snatching it up and pulling out the locket.

Austin's locket.

Inside are his ashes. He never did stop the car that day. He kept driving and driving.

By the time we tracked him down, it was too late.

I have some of his ashes and his mother has some. She managed to go into remission and beat cancer.

She's here today, to see me get married.

I'm getting married.

There's a knock on the door.

"Just a minute, Kate!" I shout as I, with a heavy heart, kiss the locket and place it in the trash.

"It's me, baby."

"Christian! It's bad luck to see one another before the wedding!" I scold, covering my eyes.

"My eyes are closed. I just, I wanted to say that, I love you. And I'm happy you agreed to become my wife."

"I love you too." I say back, a smile on my lips.

"Okay. I'm gone!" And I hear the door click close.

I open my eyes and smile softly.

It took us a while to get here, lots of therapy with Dr. Flynn but, we made it.

I love Christian, with all my heart. Of course, there will always be a place for Austin.

See, Flynn told me, there is nothing wrong with loving two different people. That most people would have just ran off screaming but, each man completed me in such a perfect way. I don't know who I would have really chosen if it came down to it. I probably would have walked away from both men. I'm not sure. It's a hard feeling to explain.,to have your heart torn between two true loves.

I sigh again and pick up my bouquet and head for the door. I'm about to become, Mrs. Grey.

_______________

Austin's Point Of View:

I sit behind the bars, staring down at the hard cement floor.

I got five- fifteen years to do for, "faking my death".

Christian turned me in before I could even make it to the airport. So here I sit. Locked away.

"Looks like ya girl got married today." My cellmate, Bob says, tossing down the paper to me from the top bunk.

There Anastasia is, dressed in a beautiful, strapless white dress, grinning, beautiful.

"You gonna go after her when ya get out?" Bob asks, hanging his upper body off the edge of the bed.

"No, she deserves to be happy. I'll just wait, until next lifetime."