Chapter Seven

Anastasia's Point Of View:

When I wake up, Christian is staring down at me with worried eyes. I look past him to a figure moving around behind him.

I sit up with a gasp and the figure turns around. It's a man but, it's not Austin.

Christian eyes get wider and I hop up and run.

"Ana!" Christian calls after me.

I race inside the bathroom and lock the door. I take in several deep breaths and snatch up my locket off the counter.

Something deep in my soul is telling me Austin is alive. I can feel it. I can also feel the tears forming in my eyes and spilling down my cheeks.

I know, you think I should be over him, over it. But, when you fall in love with two people, it's never easy to choose. I thought, I thought fate had intervened, showed me that I should be with Christian now and Austin in another lifetime. Only now, I'm wondering if Austin is really gone.

Something in my gut tells me he's not.

Christian knocks on the door,"Ana, are you okay?"

I quickly unlock the door and snatch it open.

"Is he dead?" I ask, still holding on to my locket.

"What?"

"Is. He. Dead?" I ask again, slowly.

"Is who, dead? Ana you aren't...."

"Don't play stupid with me Christian! Damn it! Is Austin dead?!" I scream, the tears falling faster.

Christian's face goes from worried and caring to, cold and distant in an instance.

"He's dead, Anastasia. He took four bullets. He's dead. He is NEVER coming back! Get over it! I'm here, I love you! He's not here, he can't love you! Let him go! Damn it!" Christian screams at me then, punches a hole in the wall next to him.

I stare at him with wide, hurt eyes.

I love Christian, I do. It's just something in my soul fells me he's lying.

Instead of saying anything back, I close the door and lock it again.

I turn on the shower, slip out of his shirt and, stand under the scalding stream. I cry. I don't know what to do. I have this feeling like my whole world is about to collapse.

______________

When I come out of the room, freshly showered and dressed in a yellow sundress, I find Christian is gone.

I wonder around the penthouse mindlessly, one hand on my locket, the other skimming over the furniture.

I pause in the kitchen , I see the food room service left and the mess we made. I sigh and begin to pick up Christian's clothing when, a slip of paper falls out of his pants pocket.

It's a piece of hotel stationary with directions on it. The place isn't too far from here. In fact, it's probably where Christian went this morning. Maybe, that's where he is now.

I drop everything but the paper and go search for my shoes and purse. I need to talk to Christian, now. I need him to understand how I feel.

I slip on my shoes ,tuck my tiny purse under my arm and, make my way to try and find some answers that I deserve.