Chapter Eighteen

Austin's Point Of View:

I sit at the kitchen counter, staring down into my cup of tea that I've yet to touch. I run my hand over my face and try to keep from going crazy.

I didn't think I'd ever see her again. I gave that letter to Christian to give to her. Yet, here she is.

Taylor showed up last night too, saying he was to stay with Ana.

I have no clue as to what's going on.

Just as I finally pick up my tea cup, Ana comes running in to kitchen, screaming my name.

"Austin! Austin!" She launches herself into my arms, burying her wet face into my neck.

"Whoa, Anastasia, what's wrong?!" I wrap my arms around her and pull her close.

"Why?" She sobs, then pulls away. She waves the letter in my face, tears still spilling from her eyes.

"Ana...." I say softly but she cuts me off.

"It's my choice! It's my choice! Not yours, not Christian's but, MINE!" she screams and cries harder.

"I want you! I want Christian! I don't know what to do but, you can't just walk away!" She screams and punches me in the chest repeatedly.

"I already lost you once. I....I can't lose you again!" She falls back into my arms and I hold her as tight as I can.

"I'm not trying to make a choice for you Ana, I'm just taking myself out the picture." I say as I stroke her wild bed hair.

She pulls away again and stares at me for two heartbeats.

When she pulls away this time, she picks up my tea cup and smashes it against the counter. Tea and glass fly every where.

"Ana, what are you doi...."

"Taking myself out the picture." She whispers, tears still pouring down her cheek as she picks up the biggest piece of glass and holds it against her wrist.

"What the fuck?! Anastasia, no!" I slap the glass out of her hand. She cries out and sinks down to the floor.

I wrap her up in my arms and I feel a few tears slip down my cheek.

We are tearing this beautiful woman apart.

This is why I wanted to walk away. Why I wanted her to read the letter when I was long gone. I had a plane set to leave this morning.

I pick her up and carry her back upstairs to my room and lay her on my bed. I watch Ana curl up into a ball and continue to cry.

I turn and head downstairs to my office, once in there, I make a call that I thought I would never make in my life.

"Grey!" he snaps when he answers.

"I need you to come to my place, Anastasia is here."