Chapter Nineteen

Christian's Point Of View:

I am nervous.

My hands shake slightly as I follow Austin up the stairs to see Anastasia.

When he called and told me what happened, I knew,he was right. We can't keep up this love triangle. It's tearing the woman we both love apart.

I follow Austin inside a room and we find Ana curled up in a ball, crying.

I sit down next to her and place a hand on her back, "Ana."

Her head snaps up and her eyes go wide.

"Nooo! Not yooou!" She wails and cries harder.

"Ana....."

"I don't know what to do! I don't know who to choose! I love you BOTH! I can't pick!" She keeps crying but sits up in the bed, trying to wipe away the tears.

"That's why I'm bowing out, Anastasia." Austin says softly from the other side of the room.

They lock eyes and I feel like an unwanted intruder invading on a very private, very intimate moment.

"I don't want to lose you again." She whispers.

"Next lifetime." Is all Austin says. He gives her a weak smile and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

"I know, what you're here to say. I know we're over." Her voice is hoarse and she wipes more tears off her face.

"Over? Anastasia, I'll never be over you. I love you. These past few days have been HELL for me."

"What about all those girls?" She asks softly, lookibg up at me through her eyelashes.

"They don't mean a damn thing to me. I just wanted to make you jealous enough that you would come back...."

For six heartbeats, we say nothing and then, Anastasia burst into laughter.

"That's so high school, Christian." She howls between laughter.

I laugh along with her, nodding in agreement. When we both calm down, she lays her head on my shoulder and stares down at the locket on her bed.

"I love you, I really do. This is just, hard. Austin he...."

"He means a lot to you too. I know." I finish her sentence for her.

"The choice is yours, Ana."

"I know....and I think it's time I made that choice. Come." She climbs out the bed and heads downstairs, nodding her head for me to follow her.

My heart picks up speed.

This is it.

She's about to choose.

She's about to either leave with me or break my heart.