Chapter 28: Dream Come True

While waiting, Zheng Shuyi held her phone tightly and constantly glanced back at the screen from time to time.

After a long time, Shi Yan finally gave a reply.

Shi Yan: Take what the wrong way?

Zheng Shuyi took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down.

Zheng Shuyi: Nevermind.

Shi Yan: What do you mean? What are you trying to say?

Shi Yan: Please make yourself clear.

Here, Bi Ruoshan ripped open a pack of snacks and gave herself a handful. She said as she chewed, "And then guess what my boss did? She threw the pot on me!" Zheng Shuyi didn't pay attention to Bi Ruoshan's words at all. She held her phone together and gritted her teeth.

Why did my hands do it?

Why did I add that sentence?

I should have just pretended that nothing had happened.

Zheng Shuyi: Pretend I didn't say anything, happy new year.

"So ridiculous, why would I carry the pot for him?"

Bi Ruoshan didn't realize that she was pretty much talking to herself at the moment, her tone was still quite excited.

"It's not like I need that job anyway, I can support my living just by working as a retailer in a random industry. So I immediately sent the evidence to the big boss's email and also sent him my resignation letter. He thought I'd be afraid of him huh?"

Two more messages came. Zheng Shuyi took a look and then her eyes froze.

After not receiving a reply for a long time, Bi Ruoshan glanced towards Zheng Shuyi. Without even needing to look at her phone, she knew what was going on.

She suddenly felt like the person in front of her was a hopeless A Dou.

She threw the snacks in her hand onto the side and got up. "I'll go shower!"

Shi Yan: Hurry up.

Shi Yan: I'll sleep you if don't tell me.

Zheng Shuyi looked at these two lines. Her hands were trembling and her cheeks were slowly turning red.

Shi Yan... he absolutely! Did! It! On! Purpose!

And he was still pretending that he didn't understand.

Some people would learn the full story from a hint. Shi Yan, on the other hand, learned three stories from the hint.

Zheng Shuyi: I said never mind already, you're so annoying.

Zheng Shuyi: I didn't mean anything, I'm just making sure you're not thinking too much.

Zheng Shuyi: Bye, I'm sleeping now!

She threw away the phone, grabbed a pillow, and laid on the sofa.

The firework show outside the window has ended, but the night sky was still illuminated by all the lights.

Zheng Shuyi opened her eyes wide. She stared at the moon hanging in the sky and could feel that her ears were burning.

Hazy clouds blocked the moonlight occasionally, and at other times, the curved arc was clearly outlined against the night sky.

After the New Year celebration, the city finally returned to its usual peacefulness.

Looking from the Bay of Clouds, one could see the river still shining with sparkling waves.