Chapter 27: Just Ignore Him!

The traffic jam on New Year's Eve was more severe than on other days. The cars on the streets were pretty much moving at the speed of a turtle's.

After Zheng Shuyi left, Shi Yan leaned back in his seat, took off his glasses, and closed his eyes.

Riding a plane for over ten hours was not very comfortable, even in first-class. Shi Yan was also very picky about his environment, so he didn't sleep much at all on the plane.

Today, the driver's mind was probably on vacation as well. After driving for a while, he finally realized and suddenly asked Shi Yan where he wanted to go.

On New Year's Eve, everyone was probably out having fun, making the city extremely lively.

But there was no one in the Shi Family's old house tonight.

So Shi Yan chose to return to his house at Bay of Clouds.

After opening the lights, the room was bright, but everything seemed to be lifeless.

He took a shower, changed into some comfortable clothes, and sat in his study room for a while. He originally wanted to turn on his computer to do some work, but his email was flooded with New Year's blessings from business partners.

Shi Yan suddenly lost interest. He poured himself a glass of wine and walked to the balcony.

The CBD buildings on the opposite side have been lit up, and the LED screens were full of slogans about welcoming the New Year.

The neon lights were sparkling, the traffic was busy, and the city was very lively.

But he was a little bored.

In fact, his return to China was a decision he made just 24 hours ago.

At that time, all the official business had been settled, and the partner company held a banquet. They even hired a group of actors for entertainment and to show their sincerity.

However, Shi Yan was not in the mood to attend. After resting in the hotel for a while, he called Chen Sheng over and told him to attend the banquet on behalf of Mingyu.

And he himself took the flight back home on that day.

Although the distance from the hotel to JFK International Airport was pretty far, it was nothing more than a nap on the car.

But after boarding the plane, Shi Yan was suddenly stunned when looking at the back-to-home expressions of many other passengers.

What exactly, made him suddenly want to return to China?

The answer came out very clearly at this time, it was the woman who covered his phone in stars.

Shi Yan felt that instead of drinking and watching actors over there, he might as well come back and watch Zheng Shuyi's acting.

Zheng Shuyi's acting has always been very obvious, but perhaps she couldn't feel it herself.

So ever since he met her, Shi Yan never thought of her as a simple woman.

From her initiative to approach him at the beginning, to later pretending to do all sorts of things, she was constantly showing her desire.

Although he wasn't sure what it was, Shi Yan was sure she must've wanted something from him.

Shi Yan never doubted this.

Shi Yan has seen way too many people who approached him with a purpose in mind. The purpose could be him, his father, his brother-in-law, or even friends.

But all of them had one thing in common, and that was they all had specialties and did everything flawlessly.

Yet a person like Zheng Shuyi would only be counted as a failing student at most.