Chapter 5: Do you have a girlfriend?

Zheng Shuyi had to admit that when she sat in the car, she purposefully bent low, maintained her smiling expression, and even adjusted her legs casually to the best-looking position.

She didn't know how much Shi Yan could see without his glasses or whether he could recognize her inner beauty, so she demonstrated her outer beauty to the maximum regardless.

But now, the car windows were open, and the late-autumn freezing wind came pouring into the car.

Zheng Shuyi quietly rubbed her legs against each other, wrapped her jacket more tightly, and took out the recording pen. After clearing her throat, she said, "Mr. Shi, is it okay if I start recording now?"

Shi Yan was still leaning back on his seat. He had his eyes closed, and he didn't bother to open them as he just replied quietly with an "mm-hmm".

Are you going to fall asleep on me?

Do I look that unattractive?

Zheng Shuyi cursed in her head, but her words remained sweet and polite, "I will record the whole interview and send you the finalized draft for you to go over."

Shi Yan didn't reply. He continued to sit there with his eyes closed as if he was meditating.

Zheng Shuyi took out her interview outline.

"This interview is mainly focused on the role of Yuan as a pillar currency in Asian corperations and East Asia. First of all, can you please tell us your opinions, as a large commercial bank supporting the internationalization of Yuan, what preparations do you think needs to be done?"

After listening to Zheng Shuyi's question, Shi Yan turned his head and lightly glanced at Zheng Shuyi.

Zheng Shuyi didn't know what this meant so she just looked at him back.

Unexpectedly, Shi Yan didn't look away. Zheng Shuyi didn't even know what expression was on her face when their eyes met, and she just stared at him awkwardly.

Not only did she spend a lot of time preparing for this interview, there were a lot of other factors making her really looking forward to this interview. However, this also made her really nervous.

After a while, Shi Yan thought of something and sneered quietly, then he looked away.

Zheng Shuyi: ?

If it's not because I have something else I want from you, I would have forced you to tell me what that expression of yours meant.

While Zheng Shuyi was thinking to herself, Shi Yan raised his hand to loosen his bow tie, then started to answer Zheng Shuyi's question.

When he said the first sentence, Zheng Shuyi was still buried in her thoughts. After a second, she suddenly realized what she was supposed to be doing and lowered her head to start taking notes.

Although Shi Yan's answer wasn't wordy, his sentences were very logical and connected, filled with information. Zheng Shuyi carefully listened to every word he said.

The car continued to drive at a high speed, up a mountain road, into a tunnel, around an interchange... Zheng Shuyi never even looked up to notice the changes outside the window.

She threw out questions one after another, and there was no time at all for her to worry about where the car was going.

When she finished asking everything on her outline, the recording pen showed that one hour and fifty-six minutes had already passed.

It was actually very difficult to catch up with his thoughts. It was a test of attention as she tried her best to process what he had said, so she doesn't accidentally make a fool out of herself by saying something wrong. By the time she stopped the recording, her hand was full of sweat.