|| unexpectedness ||

A/N

I was very excited to write this chapter and I am very excited for you to read it. That's all:)

Also there is no smutt in this chapter- you'll understand later. Just for the people who wanted a warning:)

You will have to wait til next week for the next update. Ik some of u are gonna curse me for this! I'm Excited!!

———————————————

Anakin felt like a petty youngling in the Jedi temple, but when he had walked onto the shuttle, he had assumed- well he did not know.. that he, Padme's husband would sit next to her- despite the fact that they were not speaking. Or maybe that Ashoka would be next to her. No. It was Clovis, and it infuriated Anakin.

Ashoka sat on the far seat with Lux and his companions next to her, that left the other side of the shuttle completely abandoned while the other one was full.

Anakin tried not to let it show how it much it bothered him as he sat on the other side from the others. It metaphorically showed how it was, how it would always be. He may not be Vader anymore, but to them it did not seem to matter.

The shuttle moved forward with such force that almost everyone fell from their seats. Anakin did not, and neither did Padme beacuse Clovis had put his arm around her.

Anakin wanted to strangle him. Instead he focused on something else, anything else.

Ashoka. She was speaking with Lux like they were aquatinted, maybe that should have interested Anakin but all he could think about was Padme an Clovis.

His arm around her... suddenly the shuttle was suffocating. Despite not wanting to Anakin turned back to face Padme and Clovis.

Clovis was sitting calmly, his arm draped behind Padme, Padme was looking at Anakin.

Anakin dared to look back, he tried to look friendly, innocent, like her husband.

She just stared, seemingly lost in thought. Eventually Clovis followed her gaze and frowned.

Clearing his throat, his voice rang through the shuttle. "My black eye healed, thanks for that Anakin."

Padme jumped surprised breaking her gaze from Anakin. She frowned.

Anakin griped the side of his seat firmly, trying not to let his annoyance show. Of course Clovis noticed it. He smiled. Turning he twirled a lock of Padmes hair in his hand and asked.

"Padme, how are Luce and Lila?"

Anakin tried not to focus on Clovis doing his favourite thing with Padmes hair.

"Luke and Leila." Anakin broke in before Padme could answer. Slowly, Clovis looked at Anakin, his eyes flaring.

"What?"

"Their names are Luke and Leia."

Padme looked a little out of it as she looked between Anakin and Clovis, like she had not slept well in nights.

"Clovis-" she started but he ignored her.

"Are you sure? After all you haven't been present in their life for very long."

Anakin gritted his teeth, "yes. Clovis, I am their father. I am sure."

Clovis smiled fakely, his eyes glittering. "That you are" he said but his gaze told another message.

Not for long.

Anakin was about to open his mouth and say something stupid or give Clovis another black eye when a whimpering sound came from Padme.