|| sleepless nights and rocky arrivals ||

He was out of his godamn mind. Even he knew that, which was rare.

But the way he and Padme had left things.. he needed to see her again even though it had only been a little while ago.

He just needed to touch her, kiss her, hold her, anything.

Finding the room she was occupying was not hard, and yet he had made such haste to get there that it had not occured what a stupid thing he might be doing.

She had said she had needed space and time and if he burst in right now... he would not be giving her that.

Anakin was about to turn around and leave, maybe he would come back with a clearer head, or more sleep in his system. However, before he could the door opened and Clovis walked out.

Anakin froze momentarily refraining himself from strangling the man on sight. Then it occured to him, what was clovis doing in Padme's room?

Slowly he shifted his view from Clovis to Padme who's eyes were wide.

Her face broke into a smile "Anakin-" he didn't hear any more because Clovis slammed the door closed behind him.

"What do you want?" the man said, any sign of kindness left his face instantly.

Anakin frowned, "I don't see how it is any of your business."

Clovis opened his mouth, most likely to say something hateful but then Padme opened the door, she looked at Clovis confused before turning to face Anakin.

Quickly Clovis blurted, "Me and Padme we're remensing the past."

Anakin felt sick, he was well aware that Clovis was Padme's former lover and the way that Clovis had said it implied..

He felt his sickness convert to anger, Vader began to stir like he had 7 months ago on that horrid day.

Padme looked concerned, "Anakin-"

"Don't." He cut her off without a second thought, he would not allow this lesser being to win, he shut Vader out and said calmly to Clovis.

"About that time you betrayed the republic and helped the separatists?"

Clovis narrowed his eyes unimpressed, "Anakin." Padme said again, although this time it was not out of concern but more of a warning.

Clovis held up a hand to her and replied, clearly proud of himself, "I'm not the one who's betrayal ensured the downfall of the republic and the Jedi Order, neither did it cause an evil dictatorship to rise or that horrid man to become the Emperor."

Padme looked horrified, "CLOVIS!" She practically yelled, for the first time Clovis looked at her and his face softened. "I'm sorry I am widening an already opened and infected wound, but before you give this man another chance, remember what he did."

Anakin closed his eyes, trying to contain his anger, "What I did..." he said very slowly, so that the simple minded likes of Clovis could get it through his thick skull, "Was for love, what's your excuse? Money?"

Clovis flinched, a muscle worked in his jaw but he said nothing, they all knew it was true.

Padme took this as her moment speak, "You two need to stop."

Clovis, forever the suck up gave her the fakest smile Anakin had ever seen and said, "Of course anything for you Padme."

Anakin rolled his eyes, "I'm just curious why he was in your room Padme."

Padme's face went bright red and Anakin felt his stomach drop, he caught Clovis smirking from the corner of his eye.

Padme began to stutter, maybe for the first time in her life, "Ana-Anakin it's-"