Childe x reader - argument

Includes: ANGST, fluff, arguing, reader getting injured.
Haven't been very motivated recently but here u go haha
Reader is not traveller btw(i don't usually write this but since this one shot mentions traveller i think i'd be better if i did just in case lol)
__________________________________
You watched as the tall ginger scoffed and stormed out of the room, irritated.

You cursed under your breath at his idiocy.

Let's take a step back.
__________________________________
You began noticing how much more often Childe has been using his delusion, ever since he met the Traveller.

The Traveller was a nice individual, you really didn't mind them, after all, you always hear about them and their...deeds? Accomplishments?

But what you minded, was how your lover would come back home more exhausted each time, knowing full well he isn't supposed to be practically falling over as he walks to the bathroom.

You've mentioned this many times to him already, and he always brushes off your concerns, saying things like he's fine and that you're apparently overreacting.

Today, however, the day when he had planned to take the Geo Archon's gnosis, when he came home, he seems to be in an even more sour mood...you wonder what happened. Maybe he didn't get that little yellow chess piece after all that planning?

You watched as he stumbled in through the front door, a few bruises on his arms, little cuts and most importantly, you noticed his fatigue.

"What happened to you?" You asked, concerned.

"None of your business," He almost snapped at you.

"It is definitely my business, did you use your delusion again? Please, i've told you countless times to take a break.." You responded, softly, not really expecting such a sharp reaction from him.

"Gosh-..stop being such a nag, i've told you, i'm fine."

"Childe-" you insisted, really not wanting him to one day just overestimate his abilities and end up with an unmoving heart.

"Y/N! COME ON NOW, do you really have SUCH little trust in my abilities? I- I've had ENOUGH."

You shrank back in the sofa, startled by his sudden yelling.

"I'm so- DONE with you and your insistence that i'm WEAK!" He continued, his voice sounded accusing, as if you had even said anything even remotely close to that.

"Childe you know i didn't say tha-"

Childe turned on his heel, and he left, slamming the front door shut behind him before you could even finish your sentence. What a jerk..

"Whatever..," you thought to yourself, thinking he will just calm down in a day or two, and come back so you both can talk it out properly like always.
__________________________________
It's been a week, Childe has not returned home at all. It's the longest he had been away from home after an argument. One side of you was annoyed he was being so childish and ignoring you, the other side feared if he was dead. Your thoughts consumed you, and you sighed in frustration, throwing the blanket over you to cover your face, in hopes to get rid of your worries.

The clock in your bedroom ticked in a rhythmic way, each tick sounding much louder in the room filled with silence. The longer it ticked, the more it reminded you of the tension that strained your relationship with Childe. It was unbelievably irritating.
__________________________________
You had gone for a walk near Liyue Harbour, outside of the city, to clear your mind. You gave up on thinking you'd receive an answer to the many missed calls and unread messages you had sent to Childe, while trying to be the bigger person and reach out to him first.