Kazuha x Ghost!Reader

Includes: Dead!Reader(Ghost), Angst, Reader's ghost blocks an attack for Kazuha.,,
__________________________________

A gentle breeze swept through the sakura trees, their petals falling gracefully to the ground, littering the floor, covering the grass with a pink blanket.

Kazuha sat below a Sakura tree. This was his one and only love's favourite spot.

Your favourite spot.

His eyes glinted with sorrow from the loss of you. It has been months since you had left the mortal realm of Tevyat. Or so he thought.

Though not visible to the naked eye, you still roamed the world of Tevyat, watching over your lover, ensuring his safety.

Kazuha was too deep in thought, to notice the danger that the breeze carried. As the Fatui inched closer, he didn't even notice. If he wasn't so far away in his own thoughts, no doubt he would have noticed already.

It was much too late when he did.

He grabbed the hilt of his sword, as his blade danced with precision, and unparalleled grace, deflecting the relentless attacks of his opponents.

But with the sheer number of Fatui soldiers, he soon found himself overwhelmed by their strength in numbers, and he was cornered into a stone wall. The sense of helplessness and defeat was growing evident in Kazuha.

One of the Fatui soldiers, lifted his weapon, and was about to deal a fatal blow to Kazuha, and Kazuha braced himself, waiting for impact.

Time seemed to slow around Kazuha, as he watched that blade draw closer to his face.

In the midst of your desperation, you managed to wield your sword, from the time when you had been alive.

Right before the blade struck Kazuha, you seemed to materialise, your translucent ethereal form flickering like a ghostly flame.

You gritted your teeth, mustering up as much strength as you could, to block the deadly blow that was meant for your lover.

The clash echoed through the cool air, the sound of steel hitting against steel, vibrated through the Sakura trees. Kazuha's heart skipped a beat as his eyes widened, as he witnessed your spectral image standing before him, protecting him from harms way.

Your form flickered, shining in a strange,
out-of-this-world light.

Your strength, born from your desperation to protect your lover from harm, was enough to push the Fatui soldier back forcefully, catching him off guard by the unexpected resistance.

You wasted no time in getting rid of the Fatui soldier, and your gazed softened, as you turned to your lover.

You smiled lovingly at Kazuha, your figure flickering slightly, as if your energy was slowly depleting. In a ghostly, whispered voice, filled with longing, you uttered,

"I love you, Kazu..."

The warmth of your love enveloped him like a warm embrace before you started to fade away, right before his very eyes.

Kazuha's eyes filled with tears, as he watched you, his heart sank as he saw you fading away. His voice was desperate, as he reached an arm out to touch you, but it just went through your translucent and fading figure.

"No, Y/N! Please don't go!" Kazuha cried out, but it was futile. His heart ached with longing and pain, as he saw you vanish before his very eyes. It was as if he just watched you die a second time.

Kazuha fell to his knees, in front of where your ghostly figure used to be, his tears flowing down his cheeks, and onto the Sakura Petals that lay below him.

'..w-why..why again..is this some kind of..cruel-...joke-.?!' he seemed to scream, staring at the Sakura Petals on the ground, feeling his heart burn with sorrow and anger at the whole world.

He yearned to feel your touch, he just wanted one last hug, was that too much to ask for?

He clutched at his hair, his tears running down his cheeks, but at that point, the only pain he could feel was in his chest. His heart was pounding, each beat getting faster and faster, like a ticking time bomb ready to explode any second now.

Why couldn't he just go with you?

Kazuha's vision was blurred, by his tears, and his mind spun, the words you had said to him replayed in his mind over and over again, engulfing him in a bittersweet embrace.

All the emotions he was feeling was messing with his head, as he knelt on the ground.

'i-i love you-..i-love you-...s-so much..-Y/N...i-..' He whispered, his voice cracking and in a choked manner, as the lump in his throat hurt more every second.

And Kazuha swears, that he heard you say it back, in the wind's whispers to him.

He took a deep breath, his voice filled with love and determination. He would continue to pull through, for you.

'W-we will..meet again......love..' He said, his voice barely a whisper, and he looked up around him, his tears still flowing down his cheeks.

He swears he saw you smile at him, and nod your head.

__________________________________
847 words
Please leave a vote if you liked it!! Thanks!!
I don't know much about Kazuha soo..bear with me pls lmaoo