Twenty-Nine

"But I'm not sure. Not that it matters,"

Anastasia said before taking a spoon of her ice cream.

She did it in the most beautiful way.

Their wedding was in one week and Austin was revving and ready to marry her.

She was becoming more swoony with time, and he was definitely the catching type.

Her mannerisms were more relaxed, yet she never lost her posh ways.

She was adorable.

She ate ice cream in a cup because a cone was too messy. Something he guessed the first time they had ice cream together.

She loved dinosaurs.

She had a heart after her Maker. Her most beautiful quality, something Austin would've never said before coming to Jesus.

He loved her more than he knew.

"My heart is drivin me crazy cause I get to marry you, chère."

Anastasia's pretty lips formed into a smile, driving his heart crazier.

"I get to be your husband. Bein your husband is gonna be crazier than that Mario movie, but I'm 100% for it," He winked at the blushing beauty.

"Stop," She murmured, hoping to make his sweet attack on her heart end. He was far too sweet for her.

Austin thought for a moment and shook his head. "Nope. Never gonna happen. I love you, pretty chère,"

She rolled her eyes.

"Aha!"

"What?"

Austin smirked. "That's your other blushing face, chère. Interesting," He hummed.

Her eyes shot open wide at his annoyingly spot-on observation.

"Wait," Austin covered his mouth in shock. "Ain't no way. I was just messin, but I'm right," He chuckled proudly and took her hand. "You been blushin over me since day one, ma chère, my pretty posh lady friend,"

He couldn't believe it.

"Hush, you wicked," She murmured, knowing it was hopeless to defend herself.

He found her out.

She couldn't believe it.

Austin smiled and took her spoon. "Don't be ashamed, chère. I'd blush over you too, I do lots of times," He winked at his beautiful love and tasted the ice cream. "You got good taste,"

She rolled her eyes again, and he only smiled.

He got her.

The woman of his nonexistent dreams.

How amazing.

"You gonna finish that?"

-

"Six days," Austin murmured as he placed a few shirts in his suitcase.

He was packing to leave Dominic's house.

It was over.

He would be staying in an Airbnb until the wedding and then he'd live with Anastasia.

It was somewhat against his will to move into her house, but it made sense for now.

And, Anastasia insisted on it until they found something they both liked.

And since Anastasia insisted, he was more than willing to do it.

"Knock, knock," Dominic said as he walked into the room.