Twenty-Eight

"L-is for the way you look at me,"

"O-is for the only one I see,"

"V-is very very extraordinary,"

"E-is even more than anyone that you adore,"

"And love is all that I can give to you, love is more than just a game for two,"

Austin wiggled his brows as Nat King Cole sang.

Anastasia rolled her eyes at her silly handsome fiancé.

"I want this one, chère. It just works for us, specially for the way you look at me," He lowered his voice, making Anastasia raise her brow.

"You're silly," She plucked his shoulder and smiled at him.

She loved the man.

Enough to marry him.

That was crazy.

Yet, it was the most exciting thing.

"But I do like the song,"

Austin beamed and poked her pretty cheek. "Hey, I like you, chère. You know that? I think you're about the most magnificent woman created, and you can quote me," He made a finger gun and shot her. "Let's send the song to Tiara,"

He was the sweetest.

And always true to himself.

"Okay," She whispered happily.

He made her so entirely happy.

Austin resituated himself on the couch, obviously to have a better view of his sweet chère, and placed his arm over her shoulder, squeezing it a bit.

"This evening, ma chère, your wicked will be signing the deal with Pure Records," He confessed casually, though he was actually really excited.

"Austin! You can't just say something so cooly, you wicked," Anastasia lightly tapped his hand. "I'm so happy for you,"

Her sweet smile tickled his heart.

It was annoying, but he loved the feeling because it was her.

"Yeah, yeah, chère," He smiled. "It'll help for sure, I get a signing bonus, you know, somethin to put toward being a party of two stead of one,"

He was ready to take on all the responsibilities of being Anastasia's husband.

It was a blessing to have that opportunity.

"You've got it all figured out, Mr. Landry," Anastasia praised softly. "You're amazing,"

Ooh Wee.

Austin's heart did that thing.

He loved her praise.

He adored her.

He placed a kiss on her cheek and whispered, "I love you, Anastasia,"

She swooned and rested her cheek on his chest.

His words were a balm.

He meant it.

He meant it enough to marry her and be her sweet friend forever.

It was such a blessing.

And she knew that this, their love, him, it would last past the engagement.

Her eyes filled with tears and her heart burned as something came over her.

"Hey," Austin whispered. "No more silent upsets, chère." He didn't like the reclusive upsets. He always wanted to hear from her. No matter what.