Two

"As you walk on by! Will you call my name? Or will you walk away?" She sang her heart out while stirring the bubbling spaghetti.

A watch pot never boiled, but she had nothing else to do.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Will you walk awayyyyyyyy?"

Anastasia was spending the night with Dominic, and as usual, she was taking care of dinner.

He bought out when he stayed at her house since he "wasn't coordinated enough" to cook.

However, she believed it was a lie.

He played the keys like a pro. Coordination was required for playing the way he did.

"I said, don't you forget about meeeeee! Please!" She ad-libbed freely.

This was her song. Her moment.

She whipped her hair and twirled.

"Will you recognize me? Look my way you never loved me, yeahhhhhh!"

She was indeed a rockstar.

"Dominic didn't tell me we'd be having entertainment,"

The tiny hairs on Anastasia's arm stood at the intruder's voice.

She rushed to the counter and grabbed a knife.

"Woah! Wait, I'm not a murderer, chère, only a friend of Dominic." The man said with his hands lifted in surrender.

Anastasia narrowed her eyes at the strange man and kept the knife in a tight grip.

"How do you know my brother? And why did you sneak up on me like that?" She asked angrily as her heart beat rapidly.

"I'm sorry, I should've waited for your show to be done." He knicked his teeth and raised his brows. "I'm Austin Landry, friends call me Bubba, chère." He offered his hand, which she only stared at.

The man was annoyingly confident.

"Oh, my apologies, chère. Your brother is my keys player. We toured together for three years, til he thought he was too good for my little ole act." He winked and walked over to the stove, completely ignoring the knife in her hand.

Anastasia loosened her grip on the knife but kept her eyes on the man.

He could've been a lunatic.

"Oooh, spaghetti. How'd you know it was my favorite?" He stirred the bubbling pot and then raised his brow. "You and Nic look nothing alike,"

Anastasia looked over her shoulder to see if Dominic was near.

"You're pretty quiet compared to him too, chère." He noted as he walked opposite her. "Anastasia," He tapped his head proudly. "He talks about you a lot, chère. He left out the fact that you're a singer,"

Anastasia finally let the knife go and placed it on the counter. "I remember him mentioning you before, Mr. Landry."

Austin's brows furrowed as he smiled charmingly. "Mr. Landry, you're formal too, chère. It's okay, I don't mind."

Finally, Dominic entered the kitchen.

"Austin, man, I wasn't expecting you until tomorrow." He hugged the man and slapped his shoulder. "This is Anastasia, my wonderful little sister."

Austin smirked and nodded at her. "She's a charmer, Nic. I see why you keep her hidden,"

Anastasia grit her teeth at the man's obvious teasing.

Dominic noticed Anastasia's discomfort and he stood beside her.

"Austin here will be staying with me until he starts touring again."