Eight

Two weeks later

"Thank you,"

The waiter, Dustin, smiled at Anastasia and placed her meal on the table.

"Of course, Miss. I'll be back around to check on you. Do enjoy your lunch,"

She nodded politely before bowing her head to pray.

"Thank You, Lord, for this food. Bless the kind hands that prepared it and Dustin for his lovely service."

With those words, she began to eat.

Today was a day like every other.

Anastasia was a creature of habit, as she spent every lunch break at her favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant, Gauthier's Eats.

Her life was uneventful since the dinner at her parent's house with Austin.

The following day, she reached out to Dominic and found that Austin was still staying with him.

She was glad to know that her parent's rudeness hadn't ruined Austin entirely with the Randolphs, even if they were different from their parents, their offenses still could've marred their name.

She hoped he remained himself during his stay. There weren't enough people like him in their pretentious circles.

"Whew, I ain't had nothin like this since I been here. Tell them folks in the kitchen they alright with me. Good ole home cooking,"

Anastasia looked up and laughed softly.

It was Austin speaking to a waiter.

She hadn't seen the man in two weeks, and now, here he was in her favorite restaurant at the same time as her.

It wasn't a bad thing. Instead, she took it as God's way of allowing her to apologize for her parent's awful behavior.

This wasn't like her, but it was a first time for everything.

With her plate in hand, as if she was going to leave the delicacy alone, she made her way across the room to Austin's table.

"Austin,"

Who knew his name in this city?

A smile settled on his face as he realized who owned the soft distinct voice.

"Anastasia," He turned and found her holding a plate.

"Hi, I heard you, and I just had to come and apologize for what happened with my parents at dinner." She told him warmly.

Of course.

Austin wanted to roll his eyes at himself.

It was only Anastasia. She was a woman like any other.

A stunning woman. Posh and gorgeous.

But a woman no less.

And she was kind. This was a surprise.