Chapter 10: The Lord of the Tides

LIKE UMM A 8 YEAR TIME JUMP

"Your Grace we've made it to Dragonstone

"Your Grace we've made it to Dragonstone.", Lilliana told me. "Lilliana.", I whispered. "I'm sorry I meant Aaliyah.", she stated. "You better have.", I said. "Would you like me to take Vaelora and Vaeyles to the other children?", Lilliana questioned. "Please I shall be up in a moment.", I answered.

When I walked off my ship I see my children's dragons flying around. "You didn't fly on Dārys or Dāria?", a voice asked. "Well ever since my dear husband gave me two other children I haven't found much time to fly.", I replied.

"Hello my love.", Daemon said walking over placing a kiss on my lips. "Hello my husband how is our wife?", I asked. "The babe is doing quite well.", he said. I smiled. "I'm glad.", I responded. "I received word Lucerys claim is being questioned.", Daemon stated. "Have you told Rhaenyra?", I questioned. "I was hoping you would do it.", he whispered. "Let's go see our wife.", I said.

I saw all the kids leave the room Rhaenyra was in and when she turned around she looked as beautiful as ever. Rhaenyra ran over to me when the door close and jumped putting her arms around my neck since my shoes made me taller than her. "You look beautiful.", I told her. She looked up at me and I placed a kiss on her lips. "I'm glad you're back.", she whispered. "Aelora sends her best wishes.", I said. Rhaenyra smiled holding my hand.

She then looks at Daemon then at me. "You both have the look on your face.", our wife stated. Daemon handed me the letter and I handed it to Rhaenyra. "He means to call into question Luke's legitimacy. And by extension Jace. And by extension my own claim to the throne.", Rhaenyra said after reading the letter. "Vaemond cares only of Driftmark", I told her.

"And the Velaryon line. Not about our politics. Has he made common cause with Otto Hightower yet?", Daemon asked. "Hmm this is what I fear. Rhaenys has flown to court.", Rhaenyra said. "Surely she cannot be planning to back him.", I stated. "No. Whatever disagreements we may have had, she's not cruel... ", Daemon said. "Or stupid enough to do that.", I added.

"Disagreements? She believes we had her son killed so that we all might marry.", Rhaenyra stated. "Yes and yet she's taken Baela to ward.", Daemon said. "Yes but it is Laenas memory she honors. She has no love for us.", Rhaenyra told Daemon. "Has the vipers venom spread so far?", Daemon questioned. "Those vipers rule in my father's name. And my father.... What choice do I have?", Rhaenyra answered. Daemon grabbed my other hand and placed it on our wife's stomach where the babe stayed. "To Kings Landing then.", I whispered.

"All hail Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, Princess of Dragonstone and heir to the Iron Throne and her royal consorts Prince Daemon Targaryen and Queen Aaliyah Sepher.", the soldier spoke. Rhaenyra walked in front Daemon and I and we stood behind her hands intertwined.

"Welcome back Princess.", Lord Caswell said. "Lord Caswell.", Rhaenyra stated. As the Daemon and I followed our wife through the halls we waited for her to stop. "I would say it's nice to be home, but I scarcely recognize it.", Rhaenyra said.

We entered King Viserys room and followed behind Rhaenyra. "Father?", Rhaenyra questioned pushing back the thin curtain. When I finally see Viserys he looks miserable. "Who goes there?", he asked. "Father. It's me, my King. Rhaenyra. I'm here with Daemon and Aaliyah.", she answered. Viserys whispered our names for a moment. "Help me up. It's been so long.", Viserys whispered.

"The Sea Snake has taken a grave wound in battle into the Stepstones.", Daemon said. "When? We won that war years ago.", Viserys stated. "No. The Triarchy is resurgent. The fighting is anew. Your Grace.", I said. "There is a p- there is a petition to decide the succession of Driftmark. And the heir to the Driftwood Throne.", Daemon added.

"Petitions? Petitions? Alicent and Otto the see to all that business now.", Viserys said. "No brother listen to me. You are to affirm your position for Lucerys to be Corlys Velaryons successor.", Daemon spoke. "Has something happened to Lord Corlys?", Viserys asked. "Father there's someone we all wish to introduce to you.", Rhaenyra said.

I walk over grabbing Viserys from the nurses hands. "Who is that?", King Viserys asked. "Father the one Aaliyah holds is Aegon. And this is Viserys.", Rhaenyra answered. "Viserys? Now that is a name fit for a King.", the King whispered. All do a sudden the baby's start crying and I start to caress Viserys back. "It's okay baby.", I whispered. "Take them back to the others.", Rhaenyra said as I handed the baby to the nurse.

"He looks like a different person.", Rhaenyra whispered. Daemon sat on the chair and looked up at me. "Maybe we should consult Maester Gerardys.", I suggested. "You're right perhaps if he could see the king he'd suggest a different.." but before our wife could finish a Green Cunt walked in.

I place my hand on Daemons shoulder. "Queen Aaliyah. Princess Rhaenyra. And Prince Daemon. It'd be so long if we were granted the joy of your presence.", Alicent said. I see Alicent look at Daemon and Rhaenyra holding handing and Rhaenyra immediately lets go. Daemon gives me a look then places his hand on his head.

"Indeed Your Grace.", Rhaenyra stated. "Though not long enough.", Daemon started to say. "To merit a greeting upon our arrival.", I finished. "I'm sure the Queen had pressing businesses my loves. Only my darling wife knows what it's like to rule a kingdom.", Rhaenyra said. "I don't rule as you well know. My father and I are mere stewards of the Kings will and wisdom.", Alicent replied.

"And how exactly is the wisdom expressed?", I questioned. "In blinks and wheezes? I'd be surprised if he could remember his own name. Or if you could.", Daemon stated. "King Viserys condition has worsened since you all saw him last.", Alicent said. "Really I wouldn't have noticed.", I whispered. Daemon lets out a chuckle at my comment.

"It subjects him to considerable pain. On the advice of the maesters...", Alicent continued. "Ahh the maesters. Of course. It is they who keep him...addled on milk of the poppy. While the Hightowers warm his throne.", Rhaenyra said. "Rhaenyra if you would see him without it. Almost blind with suffering.", Alicent tried to reason.

"Oh Alicent I have no doubt it was... an act of the purest mercy, but tell me for the Kings suffering, did the Maesters all prescribe the removal of Targaryen heraldry. And the installation in its stead of various statues and stars?", Daemon questioned walking over to Rhaenyra and Alicent. I place my hand in Rhaenyras and she looks slightly up at me.

"The emblems of the Seven serve only to guide us on an uncertain path. To remind of us of a higher authority.", Alicent said causing my husband and I to role our eyes. "And on the morrow, which authority will sit in judgement of my son's claim on his own inheritance?", Rhaenyra asked. "That would be mine...and the Hands.", Alicent answered. "Of course.", I whispered sarcastically.
"But be assured the father is just and commands me to forget the accusations you have hurled in this room today.", Alicent said walking out the room.

Done