Chapter 6: The Princess and The Queen

I flew in the sky on Dārys back as we made our way into Kings Landing

I flew in the sky on Dārys back as we made our way into Kings Landing. "Vaeron be careful.", I told my son as I saw him pick up speed on Vaeneras dragon. "Yes mama.", he answered going slower. "Will we be seeing Aunt Rhaenyra?", Vaenera asked. "Yes I heard she should be having her baby soon.", I answered. "Yay a new cousin!", Vaenya screamed. As I see we come up to our usual landing spot I signal down and my children follow me.

Once we have landed and gotten of our dragons I make sure my children are okay. "Are you all alright?", I asked. "Mama come on we have been flying this since we were four and Vaeron since he was two.", Vaenya stated. "I still think I fly my own dragon.", Vaeron whispered. "Soon my love. Now go find your cousins.", I said kissing their heads.

One of the maesters walks over to me. "Queen Aaliyah. Princess Rhaenyra has given birth.", he stated. "Where is she?", I asked. "On her way to Queen Alicent.", he said. "That fucking cunt.", I whispered. I walk past the Maester on my way to find Rhaenyra. When I finally do I walk up behind her and Ser Laenor.

"Aaliyah.", Rhaenyra whispered. I smiled walking over and grabbing her other hand. "Was this a demand from Alicent?", I asked. "Yes.", she stated. "I'll burn her alive.", I whispered. "I've just given birth could we hold off on the murdering.", Rhaenyra said.

We all look up seeing the many stairs ahead of us. "Well shit.", I whispered. Laenor and I help Rhaenyra up the stairs. "What could she possibly want?", he asked. We continue to walk up the stairs getting a congratulations but we kept walking.

Rhaenyra stopped and I looked at her. "Nyra.", I whispered. "We are turning back all right.", Laenor told her. "No. Not unless you wish to carry me down those fucking stairs.", Rhaenyra stated. "Let's go I got you Nyra.", I said holding her arm. "Thank you Lyah.", Rhaenyra said.

We walk over to the doors and Ser Criston lets us in. I slowly let go of Rhaenyra as we walk over to Alicent. "Rhaenyra. You should be resting after you labors.", Alicent said. "And you shouldn't call a princess to see you right after she gives birth.", I stated. Rhaenyra gave me a look and I quickly shut up. "Queen Aaliyah always a pleasure.", Alicent said.

"Rhaenyra you must sit. Tayla fetch a cushion for the Princess.", Alicent said. "There's no need.", Rhaenyra stated. "Nonsense. We'll finish this later.", Alicent told her servants. I slowly help Rhaenyra sit down. "Thank you.", Rhaenyra whispered.

"What happy news this morning. Ohh Hello Aaliyah it's wonderful to have you back.", Viserys said. "It's good to be back Viserys.", I replied. "Where is he? Where is my grandson?", Viserys asked. Rhaenyra handed the baby to me and I handed the baby to him. "A fine Prince. Sturdy. You will make a fearsome knight.", Viserys whispered.

"Does the babe have a name yet?", Alicent asked. "We haven't spoken—", Rhaenyra tried to say. "Joffrey. He'll be called Joffrey.", Laenor said. Alicent looked over at Rhaenyra meeting my eye. "That an unusual name for a Velaryon.", Alicent stated. "I do believe he has his fathers nose.", Viserys said. Alicent looks over at Rhaenyra and she looks at me.

Laenor clears his throat. "If you don't mind, Your Grace. Your daughter has exerted herself heroically and should rest.", Laenor said. "Of course.", Viserys whispered. Viserys handed the baby to Alicent and Laenor and I followed. "Do keep trying Ser Laenor soon you'll get one that looks like you.", Alicent said. I give her a look and she lowers her head walking away giving the baby to Laenor.

"You don't think you should consult me before you name my child?", Rhaenyra asked. "You named Jacaerys and Aaliyah named Lucerys. I think it's my turn to name our child is it not?", Laenor questioned. "Only one of us is bleeding.", Rhaenyra stated. "I deserve some say in the affairs of my own family.", Laenor said. "You haven't seen so interested in our affairs of late.", Rhaenyra said. "More of that boy toy of yours.", I whispered. As Rhaenyra grabbed my hand and we walked away.

We walk into Rhaenyras room and I see my children playing with Rhaenyra. "Aunt Rhaenyra.", my girls called out. "Hello Vaenya and Vaenera.", she whispered placing a kiss on there heads. "Hi Aunt Nyra.", my youngest whispered. "Oh hello Vaeron I'm glad you haven't forgotten me.", Nyra stated. "I could never momma talks about you a lot.", Vaeron told her.

"Aunt Aaliyah.", Jacaerys said running over giving me a hug. "Hi Jace. How are you doing?", I asked. "I'm doing good.", he said. I felt a tug on my dress and I looked down seeing Lucerys. I grab him placing him in my arms. "What have you both been up to?", I questioned. "We got an egg for our baby brother.", Lucerys whispered. "Well let's go show your mother.", I stated setting him down.

"Mother. Look.", Jacaerys called out opening where the egg was held. "We choose an egg for the baby.", Lucerys said. "Ahhh. That looks like the perfect one.", Rhaenyra responded. "I let Luke choose.", Jace said. "Thank you Jace.", Luke whispered. I watched as Harwin Strong helped Rhaenyra sit down and I sent him a smile. "Not every day an egg leaves the dragon pit. Princess.", Harwin stated.

"You all have a dragon pit?", Vaenera questioned. "Ours don't. They fly freely.", Vaenya stated. "Really?", Luke questioned. "Yep.", Vaenya answered. "Ser Harwin wishes to be introduced to Joffrey.", Rhaenyra said. "Of course.", Laenor stated. "Joffrey is it?", Harwin questioned. I nodded placing my hand on Vaeron shoulder.

"Father please may I hold Joffrey?", Lucerys asked Laenor. "Nope back to the dragon pit you two.", Laenor answered. "Can the three of us go Aunt Rhaenyra?", Vaenya questioned. "It is up to your Mother.", Rhaenyra said. "Go ahead keep your brother safe.", I replied. "We always do.", Vaenera said.

Harwin had stayed  with us for a little bit and we all talked. "I will leave you both to catch up.", he said. When he walked out the room Rhaenyra looked at me. "If you don't kiss me right now I'll kill you.", she stated. I let out a laugh lowering myself to her. "Very demanding.", I whispered before kissing her.

"How is Daemon?", Nyra asked. "He's good he visits the kids yearly.", I answered. "I haven't seen anymore children so I'm assuming he told Laena.", Rhaenyra said. "Yes and she wasn't to happy about it but we've grown to an agreement I would think of us as friends now.", I replied. "That's good.", she said.

"How is everything with Alicent?", I asked. "Don't even get me started.", Rhaenyra answered. "Maybe it's time for you all to leave you know you could come stay with me.", I told her. "Hmm I'll think about it.", she said. "I hope you do.", I stated.

"I wanted to talk to you about something.", Rhaenyra said. "Of course.", I said. "What if we betrothed both Vaenya and Jacaerys? Jace is in line for the iron throne. She would be Queen Consort.", Rhaenyra responded. "That is wonderful idea my love.", I told her. "Really?", she questioned. "Really.", I said placing my hand on hers.

As I'm walking back to my chambers I see one of the maids grabbing a hold of Aemond. "Elise what happened?", I asked. "Queen Aaliyah. They found Aemond in the dragon pit unsupervised. They told me to take him to  Queen Alicent.", she stated. "I'll take him to her.", I said. Once she walks off I turn away. "Where are we going?", Aemond asked. I didn't answer and kept walking.

I got into my chambers and sat on my chair. "What happened?", I asked as Aemond sat in front of me. "Mother told me not to talk to you.", Aemond stated. "Aemond.", I whispered. "They gave me a pig.", Aemond whispered in tears. "Ohh sweetie.", I whispered as I pulled him into my arms when I sat next to him.

"Why couldn't I have just been born with a dragon?", he asked. "I wasn't born with one and now I have three two being the King and Queen of dragons.", I told him. "That's because your a Queen.", Aemond stated. I lifted his head up placing my hand on his face. "Just because I have a stronger title doesn't mean I am more worthy of having those dragons.", I said.

"But your stronger then me.", Aemond said. "Aemond those we think our strong have suffered which is why we think there so strong. I know you'll have a dragon one day.", I said. "Really?", he asked. "Yes now sweet boy go tell your mother what happened.", I answered. "Thank you Aunt Aaliyah.", Aemond told me.

Done