𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙

The home shed explodes behind Thomas, his knees buckle and they give out. He falls to his knees, glass from the home shed windows are imbedded in his back. 'Please Tommy, Please.'  Newt's  voice tells him. He gets up and continues running. 

He gets to where the survivors were. He places the two kids gently on the ground. He stumbles but Minho is there to help him. Thomas gives him a smile, but it comes out at a grimace, Minho winces and says "Jeez, Thomas you are one ugly shank!" Thomas rolls his eyes; a genuine smile threatens his lips. 

"You are one to talk, Mean-Hoe." Thomas says. 

"What the actual shucking shuck do you mean? I'm beautiful." Minho says, one of his hand gesturing to his face and the other helping Thomas, stand up. 

"Yes, you are as beautiful as a unicorn's vomit." Thomas retorts. Minho laughs, sincerely, it warms and breaks Thomas's heart at the same time. 

Vince clears his throat. "Why do I feel like I'm at the principal's office?" Thomas asks, Minho snorts and whispers "If that was the case you'd already would have been expelled." "You too." "Obviously." Minho rolls his eyes. "Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find your brain." Thomas teases. Earning an elbow to the ribs from Minho.

"Thomas, that was extremely dangerous." Vince scolds. "Thank you?" Thomas asked/said. "You could have gotten killed." Vince whisper yells. "But I didn't." "But you could have." "But again I didn't." Thomas says. His group around him, the others are hiding. "They told us about when you ran into the maze in the night, or when you jumped a sky scraper, or when you almost killed when you went into the maze!" Jorge yells.

"When I went into the maze the first time there was some maiming, fear and running but no death that's what I call an important distinction." Thomas retorts, trying not to flinch at Jorge's volume. "They call you crazy, right now i'm just calling you suicidal." Gally pipes in. 

"I was not trying to kill my self. There was people at the home shed that needed my help." Thomas bites out. "Why did every one else had the instinct to run away when you ran toward it?" Brenda asked. 

"I was trying to save the survivors." Thomas says, holding on the the small dignity that he has. "Tell us, Thomas, why did every one run, except you?" Mihno asked. "I don't know. But this isn't the time to talk about this." Thomas says. 

"This is the time." Sonya says. "I'm calling you suicidal." Gally says. "I am not fucking suicidal." Thomas spits out. "Why does everyone runs from the line of life and death, while you just stay there? A foot in both sides, just waiting for a strong breeze to blow you either side." Aris says. 

"You may not be suicidal but you are careless with your life." Teresa says. (She didn't die, or betray them. WCKD brainwashed her. They trusted her again.) "It's like you are punishing yourself." Sonya says. "You are punishing yourself." Mihno realize. 

"Really not the time." Thomas grunts out. Something falls. A grenade. Everyone runs. 

(A/N: hope you liked the chapter.)