56| Don't Blame Me.

56 | Don't Blame Me.

| 3rd POV |

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Mom," Sage groaned. "Were just gonna be studying. Right here, in the middle of an open area where everyone can see. Stop stalling." Lorelai gasped, a hand on her heart. "I would do no such thing!"

Sage gave her a look. She sighed, "fine. I'm going, I'm going. Just one more cup of coffee—"

"Hey, teach," Jess said, walking up to them. "Hi,"  Sage smiled.

"You guys done yet?" He asked, looking between the two girls. "Yeah—" Sage went to say, but was interrupted. "Not yet." Her eyes flickered up to her mom, a glare on her face.

"Okay, well," Jess said, his eyes on Sage. "I'll be right over there when you're done. Then we can do some of those schoolhouse rock songs, right princess? I need some entertainment."

Sage scoffed, "are you kidding? We aren't amateurs, we're listening to Conjunction Junction, duh."

"Genius, how dare I think so low of you? He replied. "That's what I've been saying." She shrugged, watching him walk over to the counter.

"I don't like him." Lorelai said. "I don't like this."

Sage rolled her eyes. "It's studying. We'll be fine, now please go. I'll be home later. Lorelei sighed. "Fine, bye."

"Bye," Sage twirled her fingers, waving.

"Bye, Jess." Lorelai said. "Ma'am," he responded, teasingly glancing at Sage.

As Lorelai left, Sage walked up the counter, a soft smile on her face. "Hi," she mumbled. "Hi." He smiled. "Are you ready to start?" She asked. "Yes, I am." He replied. "I'm assuming you don't have your books?" She tilted her head.

"You know me so well."

"Well, go get them. Please," she added.

He groaned, his head falling back. "Don't want to."

"Too bad, if you don't I'm leaving." She shrugged, already knowing that would get him.

"No," he said, grabbing her hand.

He picked up an apple and a rag, doing a dumb magic trick. She laughed, taking the apple. "Hurry it up, idiot. I don't have all day."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"On a scale of one to ten, how bad do you think it would be if—"

"Probably a twenty," Sage interrupted.

Jess smiled, looking back at his deck of cards as he attempted to perfect another trick. Sage kept her eyes on her textbook, trying her best to ignore the burning feeling his eyes left on her.

"So, if you've been paying absolutely any attention at all, you should be able to explain to me that political ramifications of the Marshall Plan." Sage said, looking up.

"Pick a card."

She sighed, "I'll take that as a no."

She leaned forward, grabbing all of the cards, her hand brushing his. She ignored that, instead, tossing them softly back in his face, making them fall everywhere behind him.