52| Girl At Home.

52 | Girl At Home.

| 3rd POV |

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Late again, are we?" Taylor asked, directing his attention to Lorelai, Sage, and Rory in the back.

"Yes, I hope I'm not pregnant." Lorelai said.

Rory smirked, "if we weren't late, how could we ever have all the attention centered on us?"

"I think you'd figure it out." Taylor mumbled.

"You're probably right." Sage nodded.

"Are these seats taken?" Lorelai said to Luke. "Don't drag me into this." He replied.

"You really have to work on your punctuality, Lorelai. I banged the meeting a half an hour ago."

Sage pouted, "well, I bet that's just about the only thing you're banging on time, hm Taylor?"

Everyone laughed, while Taylor chose to ignore the girls quip. "I'm gonna take advantage of this unexpected pause in our proceedings, to confer with Miss Patty about the next item on our agenda."

"Taylor, how dare you refer to—" Sage began but Luke quickly leaned over Lorelai and Rory, covering her mouth with his hand.

"What did we miss?" Lorelai asked.

"Harry's retiring." Luke answered, removing his hand after she bit it.

"The twinkle light man?" Rory said. "What do we do for twinkle lights?" Lorelai questioned.

"Go to any discount store?" Luke suggested.

The three Gilmore's gasped.

"Ridiculous." Rory exclaimed.

"Blasphemy," Lorelai muttered.

"Preposterous." Sage scoffed.

Her eyes quickly snapped to the other side of Luke, her eyebrows creasing. "What are you doing here?" She asked Jess. "This is a meeting for people who actually have some respect for others, and couldn't even fathom disregarding someone's desperate needs for utterly ridiculous activities." She snapped.

"Well, Corky's Country Cavalcade on public access was preempted. So, I thought I'd check out the next best thing." Jess replied, staring at her.

"I'm surprised you have time for this." Lorelai said, nudging Luke.

"I don't. But I haven't been able to get any of the war reenacters on the phone and I have to confirm then for Louie's funeral."

As Luke talked, Jess's eyes stayed pinned on Sage.

"The last order of business is a matter relating personally to me. Therefore, I'm going to give Miss Patty my gavel." Taylor said.

Sage's eyes widened. "Again, Taylor? Really? There are children in our presence, your blatant innuendo is not appreciated."

"Stop that!" Taylor exclaimed.

Patty got up, standing where Taylor did, previously. "Now, the chair recognizes Taylor Doose. Taylor, you have the floor."

"Oh, good grief." Sage muttered.

"My issues, ladies and gentlemen, is in the form of a grievance against this hirsute hippie who opened a produce stand in the park." Taylor complained.

"Oh yeahx killer veggies."

"The squash is beautiful."

"Sexy! It's sexy squash."

"Sexy or not, I demand this man produce his permit post urgentcy. Mhm, just what I thought, this is not the proper permit for this kind of business. This is a type 24B. Otherwise known as a cart kiosk, cart/kiosk permit. This is not acceptable for your business."

"Why did you say it twice?"

"You said cart kiosk, cart kiosk."

"It's repetitive." Lorelai said.

Downright superfluous." Sage scoffed.

"And redundant." Rory added.

"It's repetitive." Lorelai repeated. "Downright superfluous." Said Sage. "And redundant." Rory finished.

"It's not redundant, or superfluous. It's three seperate things. It's a cart, a kiosk, and a mechanical hybrid referred to as a cart/kios. Hence, cart, kiosk, cart/kiosk." Taylor clarified.

"He did it again!"

"He's been stressed lately, his store is deserted."

"Don't worry, Taylor. We don't blame you personally for this psychosis you're going through. Simply your lack of succession in life," Sage smiled. She mouthed, "we're here for you."

He rolled his eyes. "I'll make it simple. This is for businesses that roll in the morning, and roll out at night. Emphasis on the word roll, rolling businesses, businesses that role." Taylor said. "But I carry my tables out at night?" Hippie man said.

"What you're supposed to is roll them, and carrying isn't rolling is it? Did anyone hear the word rolling come out of his mouth? Check the transcript! But I think you'll find one word missing, rolling."

"Transcript?"

"Yeah, Taylor. This isn't Charlie Rose." Lorelai shook her head. "Or, The Conversation," Sage tisked.

"He's loosing his marbles!"

"It's just a personal vendetta."

"His store is deserted." Kirk repeated.

"I think that we should end the meeting right there, Taylor." Patty said.

"Wait a second—wait. You, there! When lady godiva here wanted to be town troubadour over you, I stood by your side. Why aren't you backing me now?"

"Cause you left me twisting for a long time before you did, Taylor. It didn't feel good, I even wrote a song about the experience." Guitar guy responded.

"Oh, I heard it it's called Taylor left me twisting." Lorelai said.

"Oh, yeah, it's really good." Rory nodded.

"You think? I'm a little trouble with the chorus."

As he sang the song, Sage's eyes drifted over to Jess. He was already staring.

She smiled softly, directing her attention back to Patty as she spoke. "I'm gonna wrap this up."

"Now Patty, how would you feel if this guy decided to open a Long Haired Freak school of dance? Or the Long Haired Freak Diner, Luke? Or the Long Faired Freak bookstore? It's not good, right?" Taylor asked.

"Alright, everybody who agrees that we would not feel good about that, say aye."

"Aye."

"Meeting adjourned. Goodnight."

"Oh, yay!" Sage smiled.

"Another fun one." Lorelai nodded.

"Taylor, hold on a sec." Luke said, walking over to him.

"So, pretty boy," Sage turned to Jess. "I think you have some work to do at the diner?"

He sighed, "sure, princess. Whatever you say."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺