10| Fearless.

10 | Fearless.

| 3rd POV |

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"So, Dean's not too keen on the whole suit and tie thing, is he?" Sage asked, laying on her bed.

"No, not at all," Rory sighed, sitting across from her. "But he'll come around to it. And if he doesn't—"

"If he doesn't, he's dead," Sage smiled up at her sister, earning a laugh.

"I'm serious," she sat up. "This is important to you. And if he can't understand that, I will personally smush his head between two boiling hot frying pans, serve his nose as french toast sticks, and his ears as waffles. Okay?"

"Oh! And we'll use his eyelashes as seasoning." Sage nodded, already planning how to set the table.

"Genius," Rory nodded, laughing.

Sage smiled at her sister, finding herself subconsciously begging for everything to go well for her this weekend.

She wasn't worried about Dean, she knew he loved her, and was practically puddy at her feet, but it was her dad on the other hand she was wary of.

Christopher had a habit of popping into their lives for a bit, then leaving like it never even happened.

He'd show up, hang around long enough to get them attached again, then ditch. It was a loop.

And Rory fell for it every time. Sage couldn't blame her, he was their dad after all. But she didn't have the same relationship with him as her sister did. She couldn't count the amount of screaming fights she'd gotten in with him, specifically over Rory.

Sage wanted to protect her sister more than anything, even if that meant destroying any hope or illusion of ever having a semi normal relationship with her father. Sage could live without him. She didn't need him, not anymore.

Rory didn't know about any of that, of course. Sage made sure she didn't.

Even though she was only seven minutes older than Rory, she was still her older sister. It was her job to protect her. And she was okay with that.

"Come here," Sage opened her arms.

Rory's smile softened, as she wrapped her arms around her sister, tucking her head into the crook of her neck.

Neither of the two were the biggest fan of physical touch, except for when it came to each other. Or their mom. It took a lot for Sage to trust someone enough to let herself fall into them. Touching them was a big part of that.

They fell asleep like that, wrapped in each others arms. All the lights still on in the room. But they didn't mind.

They had each other, that was all that mattered.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Show me Neil Young again," Dean sighed, still upset about having to wear the gloves.

At that sound of a horn honking outside, Rory immediately jumped up. "Dad!" She exclaimed, running to the door.

Please don't mess this up, Dad,
Sage begged. Not again.