17| Forever and Always.

17 | Forever and Always.

| 3rd POV |

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

At the sound of a knock on her door, Sage's eyes widened.

Welp. That isn't good.

Sage quickly brought her hands to Jess's chest, pushing him backwards. "Closet, now." He let her, mindlessly following what her hands told him to do.

She softly shut the closet door, making her way back to her own door. She quickly turned off a few lights, making it darker, before she pulled it open a bit.

"Hey," Lorelai said, "I thought I heard something. Is everything okay?"

Do you mean Jess making Sage trip into her desk when he got close to her? Oh yeah, that was nothing.

"Yeah, sorry. A few books I had stacked up fell. I really need another bookshelf." Sage lied, leaning her head against her doorframe.

Her mom sighed, clearly exhausted. "Alright, I'm gonna get some sleep, Rory's getting kidnapped tonight, so if you don't fancy that as well, I'd stay in here." Sage nodded in reply, silently thanking god.

She didn't bother to question about the kidnapping thing.

"Don't study too much, okay? We don't need you to fry your brain before you get into Harvard." She teased.

Sage's eyes rolled, "yeah, yeah. Whatever."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"This is a very bad idea," Sage uttered, looking both ways before crossing the street, even though absolutely no one was awake right now.

"Relax, princess, we'll be fine."

"Heavily debatable," she said.

Jess sighed, slowing his pace to let her walk a bit in front of him. "Do you always have to argue with me?"

"Only when you say arguable things." She shrugged.

"Bench," he said.

"Hm?" She asked, looking at him.

He rolled his eyes, grabbing her hand and pulling her closer to him.

She whirled her head towards his body, before looking back—at the bench she almost just ran into. "Oh."

As they continued walking, they stayed closer together, unintentionally. Minus the few street lamps, it was pretty dark, making Sage thankful for being closer to him, also making her less likely to trip on something.

"So," she began, "how's school going?"

"It's going." He said. She smiled, looking up at him. "You're barley going, aren't you?"

He simply looked at her.

"Figured," she nodded.

Out of nowhere, she gasped. "Have you ever tried a pumpkin spice latte?"

His eyebrows creased. "Where the hell did that come from?" He really should know not to question her by now. She shrugged, "my head. But I'll take that as a no."

They both stopped in front of the bookstore. She watched as he pulled something out of his pocket, but stayed confused when it wasn't the key. It was a bobby pin. One of the one's from a few weeks ago, after Sage got back from the ball.