55| Slut!

55 | Slut!

| 3rd POV |

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Lane?" Jess whispered, sneaking into the seat behind her. At no response, he rolled his eyes.
"Laneee." he dragged on

"Sh," she hushed.

"I need a pencil," he said. "I don't have one." She replied.

"Then I need a pen."

"You only have fifteen minutes left?" Lane pointed out. "Then I need the answers." He countered.

She took a breath, "there's a pen in my bag.

"I can't go through your bag."

"Yes, you can." She said.

"My mother told me to never go through a lady's bag. At least not until you're a couple blocks away." He teased. "I'm just kidding, she never said that." He shook his head.

She snapped, reaching into her bag. "Take it and shut up."

He grinned, "boy, I tell you, it's true—small towns sure are friendly."

He pulled out his book, his eyes running over the top.

"Get back to work, idiot," was written on a page, Sage's handwriting.

Jess smiled, his eyes lingering on them.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Suspense, ice skater falls in love with hired help." Lorelai said, reading the list. "Well, at least now I know how Snow Dogs got made."

"Mhm," Rory agreed.

Sage looked back down at her notes, reading through her textbook.

"Hey, listen," Luke said, walking up to them. "Have you seen Jess?" His eyes were mostly directed on Sage.

She nodded, "he's upstairs."

"Thanks," Luke said. "Oh, and he's in a bit of a mood. Just a warning." She gave him a soft smile.

Luke quickly made his way upstairs, internally preparing himself. "Good, you're here." He said, quickly walking into the room. "So, you file those under the band names?" He asked, refering to Jess's CD's.

"Genre," Jess said.

"Right, genre. That makes sense. Makes—" he paused, "a lot of sense."

"What is that, something for school?" Luke asked, as Jess pulled out a book. "Nope."

"Oh well, shouldn't you be reading something for school?"

"Why?" Jess questioned. Luke sighed. "I don't know. I mean, I know you like reading and since you like reading, you might as well read something you're gonna get graded on so you can get graded on something you like because you like reading."

"What are you babbling about?"

"I want to see your principal today," Luke explained. "Huh." Jess replied.

"He says you're flunking out, he says you're not showing up for class. He says you stole their baseballs."

A small smile appeared on Jess's face.

"Why would you do that? What would you possibly need 500 baseballs for?" Luke asked, exasperated. "Can we talk about this later?" Jess stood up.

"Why, you got a big frisbee heist going down at 6?"