Chapter X (Ice cold justice.)

((Sorry so much for the delay of the new chapter, I've been busy. But here is the chapter ten mile mark on this book I've started almost a year ago and gaining 3,000 reads! You've all made me so proud and make me happy to be a author.))

(We begin the day at the leaf village, days after team seven's mission in the land of waves. After killing Gatoh and freeing the innocent people from his rule, the bridge was finally built as it was named after Naruko herself. As miles from the village, deep in a  underground prison a man was awaiting his freedom. As one of the psychologist was talking to the soon to be freed prisoner.)

(Psychiatrist): I'll be sorry to see you leaving us, Billy. Everyone here at the institute has so enjoyed your company, but we all knew this day would come. We just didn't know that it would be so soon. You must be pleased with your lawyer's efforts. He sounded quite pleased that the court upheld his petition of appeal, citing some obscure case back then, though I don't pretend to know that much about the law, we both feel vindicated. The system does indeed work.

(Psychiatrist): It saddens me to have to say that this will be your last day with us. However, with the judge's  reduction of your term on...that technicality..., and the doctor's testimony stating your competence, there's no more to be said. The six and a half years you've spent here at the institute went by far too quickly.

(The big man sitting in the chair had a blank expression on his face.)

(Psychiatrist): Tomorrow, you begin a new life. An Anbu soldier will pick you up and take you to the court house, to sign the final papers. Unfortunately, I must warn you, Billy. There are forces outside that don't wish you any kind of happiness. They might even try to bring back some of your bad dreams. You won't allow that, will you? We both know that you're not the same person.

(Psychiatrist): You are cured, Billy kincaid. Others may not want to believe that, but the staff and I have always been impressed with your "model behavior" always the gentleman. Yes, your time here has been so rewarding. So uneventful. So therapeutic.

(As Billy was sitting down in the chair of the interrogation room, not saying anything.)

(Psychiatrist): Before you go, the judge wanted me to remind you that you're not to have contact with the dead girl's parents. I have assured them to put their worries aside...and that they will have your full cooperation.

(Psychologist): Do you understand, billy? BILLY?!

(As he said nothing and kept a expressionless face as he looked at the psychologist.)

(Psychiatrist): Yes...well...looks like you're overwhelmed by the whole procedure. That's perfectly understandable. I must admit this was rather sudden to me, too. But we are all satisfied by the end result. So, I guess that just wraps things up. The doctor and I will have our reports available in the morning. I'll see you tomorrow at eight o'clock sharp.

(Meanwhile outside the interrogation room, two anbu soldiers, one woman with purple hair and a male were not happy with the news.)

(Male anbu): I don't care how satisfied everyone is, that man's is a freaking sicko! Slaughtered the kid so bad it took six of us to finally identify the girl. We nailed his ass just for the one murder. I'm not happy, Yugao, but it's the only time we caught him flat. Just look at his eyes...and tell me that man's cured!

(POV Billy)

"Time."

"Tomorrow it becomes my friend."