Suspicion

The day after Buttermilk Cookie and Sugary Yogurt Cookie moved in, it was like a strong blizzard swept over the whole kingdom. Everyone was acting a lot more sorrowful than they usually do, especially Nuclear Meltdown Cookie. Despite his age, he was always a happy, talkative ball of energy, but right now he looked like all the life was sucked out of him. Whenever someone came up to him, he would flinch like something was trying to hurt him, and he wouldn't stop looking at the ground. All of his children decided to stay at the castle, worried about what Buttermilk might try to do. They had never seen their father in such a vulnerable state before, and they definitely weren't going to let Buttermilk take advantage of that. Sugary Yogurt Cookie, on the other hand, didn't seem like as much of a threat as months prior. From what they were told, she had been out of control for months, but that entire day she was just in her room. Maybe she was planning something behind their backs without them realizing it, or maybe she was just tired, but whatever the reason, they still felt they couldn't trust her. except for Chernobyl, of course. They all decided to have a meeting to discuss what to do before something bad happened, so they met in a room hidden far back into the castle to make sure no one found out about their plans for Buttermilk, but as they were speaking, Sugary Yogurt Cookie came into the room, shutting the door behind her before she spoke.

Sugary Yogurt Cookie: "Guys, I need to talk to you."

Chernobyl Dragon Cookie: "Sugary Yogurt Cookie?"

Black Dragonfish Cookie: "How the hell did you find us, Frost Cookie?"

Sugary Yogurt Cookie: "Don't call me that, and I saw Chernobyl walk back here earlier today, so I thought I'd find you guys here."

Tiger Snake Cookie: "Can't you see we're busy? What do you want?"

Sugary Yogurt Cookie: "I know you're talking about my father, and I need to talk about him too."

Tiger Snake Cookie: "What do you need to talk to us about him for? Do you want to talk about how happy you are that your precious daddy is back for you?"

Chernobyl Dragon Cookie: "Snake, give her a chance, Sugar, What do you want to talk about?"

Sugary Yogurt Cookie: "I know you might not believe me, but I'm just as suspicious as you about my father."

Tiger Snake Cookie: "That's complete bullshit; why would you be suspicious of him?"

Sugary Yogurt Cookie: "I know it sounds crazy, but I've been suspicious for a long time, even before what Chernobyl told me on their last visit. Ever since I was really young, I've always noticed something strange about my parents' relationship. Every time my father went to work, he seemed a lot happier than when he would get home, and it always seemed to me like they never really liked each other at all, unlike the parents of other kids. I never really understood it until your father married my mother. It was like a switch completely flipped in her. She seemed a lot more happy with your father than she ever was with mine. Their relationship seems like it was perfect, except for me, of course, since your father never liked me. But after they got married, I noticed that your father seemed a lot more scared of me than he was letting on. He would try to hide it, but he would always show subtle signs that he was uncomfortable every time he was around me. It was like he was more scared of me than I was of him, even though I was just a kid at the time. I even remember one time when he was napping. He was having a dream about something, and he was making a lot of noise in his sleep. He kept tossing and turning, and when he woke up and saw me, his breathing was even heavier than before, and he started growling at me and told me to go away. I swore I saw tears in his eyes, and I just knew that he was dreaming about my father. I even heard him say his name once or twice, and after that, I really started to think about what my father told me about his work. I realized a lot of the time he would talk about this one specific experiment, calling them a good boy, and how that one was their favorite. Then I realized he must have been talking about your father. That's when I realized my father might have been seeing yours behind my mother's back while he was at work, but obviously your father didn't like this relationship, so that's why he started the whole riot in the first place. I really do care about him, but I don't feel like I can't even trust him right now."

Chernobyl Dragon Cookie: "So you really did believe my story?"

Sugary Yogurt Cookie: "Yes, I did, and I think it's best if they are separated; being together will only make things worse for all of us, and I don't want that."

Fluoroantimonic Acid Cookie: "But how do we know we can trust you? How do we know you're not lying and spying on us for your father?"

Sugary Yogurt Cookie: "My father is the one who caused all of this, and it's the reason why I got hurt, and I don't want it to happen again."

Fluoroantimonic Acid Cookie: "I guess after everything that does make sense for you to do."

Chernobyl Dragon Cookie: "Now that we got that out of the way, can we continue our discussion?"

Everyone nods in agreement, and they continue to talk about what to do about Buttermilk Cookie so they can separate him from Nuclear Meltdown. They had discussed this for a long time, so long that the sun had started to set by the time they were finished, and all of them went to their rooms to relax, but as Chernobyl went to their room, they heard something from their father's room. It sounded like crying, so they went up to the door and listened.

Nuclear Meltdown Cookie: "Can we please just do this another day? I'm not in the mood right now."

Buttermilk Cookie: "It's okay, my love. I know it's been a long time since you've done this; you don't have to be scared. No one is in our way now, so now we can do this for as long as we want."

Nuclear Meltdown Cookie: "I really don't want to right now. Can we please just not?"

Buttermilk Cookie: "Come on, you know, I know how you dragons get about this. You've been pent up for so long, and I just want to help you, and since it's been such a long time since we've been together, I'm going to give you a moment you'll never forget for a long, long time." He said, cupping the others cheek in his palm as Nuclear Meltdown cookie let more tears stream down his face.

As Chernobyl listened, they knew exactly what buttermilk was about to do to their father, and they were not going to let him do it. They thought for a second and then decided how to get their father out of the room.

Chernobyl Dragon Cookie: "Dad, I need help," they said with fake tears in their eyes.

Nuclear Meltdown Cookie: "Chernobyl, what's wrong?"

Chernobyl Dragon Cookie: "I was taking a nap, but then I had a really bad nightmare and fell out of bed and hit my head on the floor, and it really hurts. I want to stay with you tonight."

Nuclear Meltdown Cookie: "It's okay, Chernobyl; you can stay with me as long as you want."

Buttermilk Cookie: "You can't be serious with this right now, can you?"

Nuclear Meltdown Cookie: "What do you mean?"

Buttermilk Cookie: "They are a fully grown adult; they should be able to handle this on their own."

Nuclear Meltdown Cookie: "That doesn't matter; my child is hurt and scared, and I want to be able to come with them."

Buttermilk Cookie: "Forget it; I'll just find somewhere else to sleep."

Buttermilk stormed out of the room angrily as Nuclear Meltdown let out a small sigh of relief. Chernobyl was happy they were able to help their father just in time before Buttermilk was able to do anything, but now knowing what Buttermilk was trying to do to him, they were scared that they might not be able to help them other times when they needed it, but for now they laid in bed with their father, happy that they were able to get him away from that evil man just for a little bit.