It's Not Fair

Author's Note: Hello Everyone! This is the "sister" story to The Rebel (which is complete). If you have not read The Rebel then I suggest you go ahead and read that first so you will understand what's going on. If you already have then this story will take place right after Belle had passed out! This story will tell what happened in those 10 years before the company, Belle, and her family went back to Bag End. I hope you enjoy this side story that will be the adventures of Belle and Thorin and what they had to go through to reach their happily ever after! I hope that you all enjoy!

The title is very...tedious to me and I couldn't figure out what would be a good title...so forgive me if it's not a very good title. I had a great title in mind but...it was still just complicated. So if anyone has a better idea then review. If not then this is the title of the story, with help from a good friend of mine QueenOfNerds277.

Disclaimer:I do not own The Hobbit! All rights belong to J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson. At this point anything that you recognize that I quote from the book or movie and the characters belong to those two wonderful men! I only own Bellethiel and her family and all the made up elves that follows Belle. Any grammar errors that you see forgive me, I will be sure to correct after some sleep. And I may possibly rewrite some stuff if it's a bit confusing, just depends on the situation. Anyway! Enjoy!

(Thorin's P.O.V)

"Once everything settles down...you will get what you are owed..." I said as I spoke to Bard.

The bowman looked a bit taken back by what I had just said and looked at me in the oddest way.

"What?" I questioned in irritation after the two of us stood facing each other in silence for several minutes.

"Nothing." Bard answered quickly, shaking his head with a smile. "I'm just surprised that you bought it up and agreed without me so much as asking first. I thought I would have to persuade you still that we only want what you promised."

"Would you rather have had me say nothing?" I asked glaring up at the man.

"No, no." Bard said, holding his hands up in defense. "I'm curious though...what made you change your mind? After all, at the beginning, you decided you would rather go to war with us then give my people what was owed."

I took a quick glance to where Bellethiel was standing, leaning against the far wall and speaking with that elf lord and I couldn't help but smile in her direction. It was only when Bard started laughing a bit did I turn my attention back to the bowman.

"Something funny?" I questioned finding nothing about this situation amusing.

"No," Bard said with a smile. "I just figured out the reason for your change of heart."

"Hmph..." I grumbled, crossing my arms across my chest. "we should get their attention, there's something in the mountain that belongs to Thranduil as well. It's about time it should be returned..."

The two of us looked toward where Thranduil and Bellethiel were standing and Bellethiel said something to Thranduil as she motioned with her head toward us. Thranduil turned his head in our direction before pushing himself off the wall. The elf Lord made his way to where Bard and I were standing and came to a stop by Bard's side, his arms folded across his chest looking a bit impatient.

"White gems of Lasgalen, that's what you desire...it will be returned to you..." I said causing Thranduil's eyes to widen in shock. "I hope that you will accept this as a...apology for the trouble I have caused due to the sickness in that mountain, and a show of peace between our races."