22 - ○Wicked midnight○

"The body is the wick and love is the flame
We will touch love,
we will continue love,
we will spread love,
we will not forget love ,
we will not renounce love"
~ Vairamuthu

Author pov:

Greatest of all pains doesn't transpire physically, it's the emotions that tears your heart into shreds, transforms blood into lethal poison, blocks oxygen and freezes your mind thus turning you into a living corpse.

Meera was experiencing the same pain at that point. A stage where she can't share this to others nor she can handle it alone.

It's been a week since the incident that haunted her, that would still give her goosebumps. The day when she saw the real face of Arjun.

She didn't have enough courage to confront him again or ask help from others. She still remembers when Arjun sarcastically threatened her if she dares to talk about him to others.

"If you ever dare to talk about this incident to others. Do remember your family...
I've my own ways to deal you when you tell the truth to anyone.
It wouldn't take me seconds to think and act wicked"

"Because I just don't care about them. All I want is you, not your f*cking family"

Just a couple of weeks is left for the wedding. All invitations distributed, wedding hall booked and preparations mostly done. The wedding will take place at Éblouir itself.

And there was Meera standing near the open window. She has recalled the incident infinite number of times, yet she can't console herself by saying that all those happened that night was just a mere dream.

At the end, she just blamed herself for being a fool by believing whatever she saw. Her eyes was masked with love which made it impossible to look beyond.

"Was I that blind?", she thought.

"Are you not coming?", Laya asked Meera and continued.

"We're all waiting for you. Come fast", Laya dragged the latter to the hallway.

The whole family went to a boutique to purchase wedding suit and gown for Arjun and Meera.

Just when the reached the boutique, she saw Arjun's family waiting for them. As soon as she saw them, she panicked a bit at the thought of meeting him after that incident. He has not seen her nor contacted her after that night.

"Didn't Arjun come?", she asked Mahesh (Arjun's brother)

"He won't be coming today. He's having a meeting today. Don't worry Anni (sister in law)", he smiled and went away.

"Thank God he didn't come. I can be in peace", she murmered.

It was a brightly lit room with a rack of bridal gowns, custom sarees, suits, tuxedos and other accessories, mainly for wedding couples.

Soon, both the families started to ho through every dress. Meera was absolutely not interested in these things.

Things was fine until Meera saw Arjun entering through the main door. His face decorated with the same cheerful smile, just like the day she met him. His violet shirt hugging his biceps and black pants paired with black office shoes.

"Come Arjun, how about this dress?", Arjun's mother asked him.

"Whatever Meera loves", his sight fell on Meera who was internally laughing at the sarcasm and her real life condition.
"Such a hypocrite", she thought.