10 - ○ Lavender touch ○

"The fresh silver rain falls over here.
This dazzling moon light drenches my body.
It is chill in the places which cannot be revealed.
Mind wanders in search of warmer places"
~ Vairamuthu

Author pov:

While wearing the white shirt, Meera noticed that it was too big for her that it covered till her mid thighs. The pajamas were also big but she somehow managed to put that on. She neatly folded the saree and placed it at a corner with her bag. She partially liked the fact that she was wearing Arjun's shirt and blushed a bit.

She descended down the stairs to see Arjun placing a tray on the table. Two glasses, a tea pot and a jar with sugar.
She shyly walks in front of him and sits on the chair. Arjun poured the hot chai into the tea cup, added two teaspoons of sugar and carefully mixed it while Meera was quietly observing all his actions. He gave the cup to her and waited for her reaction to his chai. Meera blowed the hot chai and took little sips which were cute in Arjun's pov.

"Mmm", moaned Meera. "Mr.Arjun, your chai is really good. I would stay here forever with you if I get this", she blurted out.

Oh shit, what the f*ck did I just say. Ok ok Meera, avoid the awkwardness.

"Just kidding", she let out a nervous smile. But, Arjun just silently grinned with numerous thoughts running in his mind after Meera's words.

Oh darling, you will stay here with me forever. Just wait for some days.

He took another tea cup, poured chai for himself and took a full blown sip. He really enjoyed this moment with Meera. The calming rain, greenery everywhere, refreshing breeze, hot chai and his Meera wearing his shirt, all still seemed to be a dream for him. Meanwhile, something caught Meera's attention - Arjun's Adam's apple. Size of a whole cherry, it's regular up and down movement as he sips the chai, makes him look sexier.

How it would feel to touch it? Kiss it?....
Oh God, what am I thinking? Meera control.. control..

To avoid her not so innocent thoughts, she stood up and moved towards the balcony. She held the wooden railing with one hand and tea cup with another. Arjun too joined her and admired the beauty infront of him. The moment was disturbed by the ringing sound from his phone, he took that in which the screen read Amma.

"Hello, Amma"

"Arjun, where are you?", she asked.

"I'm at home. By the time I got ready, rain started to get heavy. But, don't worry ma, I'll join you after some time", he said while taking a note on Meera who seemed to be sad.

"No Arjun, you stay there. I guess the rain won't stop now. You can come some other day. Me and appa will reach home once the rain ends", she said with concern.

"OK ma, call me if you want any help"

"Alright Arjun, bye", she said

"Bye", he pressed the cut icon and placed the phone inside his pant pocket.

"Sorry, because of me, you weren't able to go. I'm such a burden.", Meera wispered while Arjun said, "No Meera, you're not a burden to me. I myself didn't plan to attend the gathering. So, don't feel bad".

She smiled and took the last sip of chai, turned around to see Arjun picking up the tray.

"Let me help you", she said while taking the tray from his hand.

Suddenly, Arjun started to giggle while Meera stood there with a puzzled look.

"What happened? Why are you laughing?", she asked a bit annoyed.