17 - ○Carmine sparks○

Mature content ahead

Arjun took his car and asked Meera, who was pretty nervous to hop inside. The luscious green shined upon getting hit by the mystic moon light among the darkness. With them occupying either side, the car drove along the muddy road which got narrower as it went deep.

Arjun parked the car aside and turned to Meera, "Car can't go in from here. We have to walk"

"What's with this place? It's so dark but..", Meera who was walking with Arjun loomed at her surroundings, got partially nervous and eager at the same time.

"But what?"Arjun held Meera's hand and watched her eyes for her reply.

"I kinda like the vibe it gives. It's so calm and pleasant" Meera lifts her shoulder and gives a heartily smile as she inhaled the fresh air.

"I'm sure that you'll love it", he whispered near her ears which in turn increased her oxytocin levels.

After minutes of walking, they were welcomed by an old traditional house that stood alone in that deserted area.

The front gate lead to a long valley of pine and coconut tress along with some plantains. The end of the valley was marked by the building.

While they were walking towards the house, periodic sound of crickets and frogs, whoosing of the cool breeze can be heard by both of them.

Arjun took out a key and opened the wooden door, only to reveal an authentic chettinad house with teak furniture and a space at the center with grill ceiling.

Meera was speechless as she ambled inside the house while Arjun stood near the door with a smile in his face just by seeing her enjoying the place.

With large wooden windows and long verandahs, erect pillars made out of teak from Burma, handmade tiles and the constant gentle breath of wind. Meera was in love with the house.

"It's... it's heavenly", Meera told Arjun who stood near her.

"It will be very suitable for you. Arjun, you can work here, eat here, sleep here. There's so much. It's an apt place for you", her hands glided at the pillars.

"It's for us, Meera"

"Huh?", she didn't listen him correctly.

"It's for us. Do you like it?" he asked her while he hugged her from the back. His hands caged her, fingers touching her collar bone. Drops of tears wetted his skin, he got confused and turned her.

"Hey, why are you crying?" he asked her who on the other hand can't help but control her tears.

"Why Arjun, why are you doing all these things?"she asked him while placing her palm on either side of his face.

"Because I'm madly, deeply, insanely and desperately in love with you", his reply surprised Meera who didn't expect him to propose this soon.

Thinking bad and insecure about their relationship a few weeks ago made her feel small and unworthy for all the things he was doing for her.

"Do I deserve your love Arjun?"

"I should ask that question, ammu. Do I deserve you?" both of faces an inch away from each other. His hazel eyes searched the answer in her russet ones, his ears yearned to hear the words and lips ready to reply those.

"Yeah.. but I'm a woman with flaws. I can't make decisions at times, I get angry wh...", she was interrupted by his lips on her coral ones.

They kept up with their pace while both seeking dominance. His hands brushed her wide hip, her fingers clutching his jet black hair.