16 - ○Celadone prints○

There she was, at the restaurant, paying no attention to her surroundings while her mind full of flashbacks from meeting Vignesh. Her russet brown eyes held a variety of emotions which dragged her into a world of confusions.

"Heyy darling", Arjun hugged her from the sideways which brought her back from the string of thoughts.

"Hi", she let out a forced smile.

"All okay? You look tensed", he asked her, his thumb caressing her left cheek.

"Yeah I'm okay. It's just the traffic, it took me ages to reach here", she forced a chuckle to change the topic.

"Oh okay, shall we order something?"

"Yeah"

While Arjun was busy turning the pages of the menu, it was Meera who finally got the courage to ask him,

"We are just dating, right? I mean, it's not serious. We are just seeing each other for few months. Before we move to the next level, we have to make sure whether we're compatible for each other or not. I guess, we should take time before I meet your mother"

She prepared the phrases so many times before reaching the restaurant but once she saw Arjun, she was unable to avoid him or hurt him by saying these. By gathering her courage, she began

"Arj.."

She was interrupted by Arjun,
"Meera, we're opening a new brach of our resort at Neelankarai and I would like you to accompany me at the inauguration function"

Arjun was so excited to deliver the news to her while he forgot the whole reason for which he was invited by her. After the inauguration, he would introduce her to his mother.

The waiter came by and Arjun began to order, "One tiramisu and one cheese cake for the lady. Make sure to make the cake with soy milk and not cow milk"

Meera quickly turned towards Arjun when he mentioned adding soy milk instead of cow milk. She was very much allergic to cow milk that it would severely affect her body for hours. Moreover, only few people knew about that which includes her parents, her sister and some of her friends.

Laya might've told him, you dummy

She thought to herself and couldn't help but smile at how he cared about her. She was deeply impressed by how he totally focuses in each and everything done for her.

She has finally decided that there was no necessity to discuss the thing that she has planned to convey him. She was on cloud nine when showered by his love.

I totally love this guy

Her inner monolog was broken by Arjun who asked Meera, "Why were you so stressed?"

"When?"

"Few minutes ago"

"Nah, that's nothing", replied Meera trying to cover up the incident that happened in the café. She tried so hard to forget about it but the fact that someone threatened Vignesh with her name, lurked a fear inside her.

"I very well know you Meera. If you share the issue, there might be a solution for that", Arjun who was eager to know about the thing running in her mind.

She slowly began to open up.

"Actually, you are very well aware that my parents are looking for a match for me. Months ago, there was this guy Vignesh, with whom they set up a casual meeting. We talked but he ghosted me out of the blue.

I happened to meet him accidentally and he hesitantly told me that...

That someone threatened him to cut ties with me"