19 - ○Amber ashes○

"To unite with me, to attain you,
What penances must I have done.

Till now no one would have witnessed
The love I have felt
Soul is the same, you realise this.

The world turns bright red

Since you spilt some of your coyness

Oh dearest, how can I live in it?"

                                          ~Madan Karky

Author pov:

The last golden rays of the sun halted various shadows of buildings and trees on each other. Through the windows of a cafe, the bare minimum light passed through that dimly lit up the room.

"Where do you work?", the man opposite Meera asked her while taking a sip from his hot coffee.

"At Royola University", her monotonous answer lacked the usual charm which she carried as always, replacing it with forced laughter and easy mood swings.

"So it must be very easy to be a professor right? You just go, blabber something and come back.
Moreover, you can come back before night which would be much safer". The latter started laughing which failed to earn the same from Meera. It icked her.

"

With his 'offensive jokes' aside, her mind started to wander off, her heart expecting the person she badly wants to see.

I'm madly, deeply, desperately in love with you

The voice started to flash in her mind. Goosebumps spread across her skin. A lone tear made its way from her eyes to her cheeks. Composing her emotions and tired of the person sitting opposite her, she looked out of the window.

Her eyes darted randomly which suddenly fixed on a person who was watching her from afar. Her breath hitched upon seeing him, partly leaning on his black Bentley. His face decorated with sunglasses and a mischievous smirk.

Speak of the devil

She thought as she saw him walking towards the café. "Shit",she mumbled under her breath. The entrance door bell clinked when Arjun walked into the room.

He dragged the chair from elsewhere, placed it near Meera and the latter's table. The man stopped his talk and looked at Arjun, "Sir it's our table"

"It is indeed. You can talk, I won't be disturbing you guys", he smiled and looked at Meera who was clearly panicking.

"Sir, you need to get off from this table", the latter started to call for the waiters of the café.

Arjun was in no mood to listen to the words of that man. His whole focus was on Meera who was busily avoiding to form an eye contact with him.

"How are you darlin', long time no see?", he extended his hand to pick up the cup of chai in front of Meera and sipped it a bit.

"Sweet", he murmered. Meera let out a sigh and saw him while hiding all her emotions that were brimming in her heart. Her hazel eyes tried to fake anger.

"Stop making a scene Arjun" she closed her eyes out of tension and held her palm against her forehead.

The other man stood up from the table and cussed the couple after slightly understanding the situation.

"What the hell is this Meera? Who the fu*k is he? Lemme guess, your boyfriend, right? I knew from the start that you're a whore! You def-", a punch landed on his face.

"I dare you to utter a few more words about her and you're done", Arjun fisted the man's shirt.

The man's fear heightened on seeing Arjun's temper and soon fled from the café.

"Now that he's gone. Tell me, how are you?", Arjun again took a sip of the chai and placed it on the table.

"I'm going", Meera left the room with Arjun following her.

She could hear Arjun calling out her name but she chose to walk away for the betterment of them. It was a dark alley with minimal population around the area. Arjun walked in front and stood before her, not letting her to move.

Meera: Arjun, move aside.

Arjun: Try me darling. By the way, what's with the message that you sent me on that day?

Meera: I've mentioned in that text clearly, I'm done with you. I don't want this relationship

Arjun: Why?

Meera: Bec...because I'm tired of our relationship. I fell out of love

Arjun: Meera... Meera.... stop saying things which doesn't make any sense. What's the real reason?

With their faces only some inches apart, her breath fanning his neck, his eyes burned with increasing anger. Drops of tears moistened her cheeks. She gulped in between and chose to hide the truth.

Meera: You can ask me infinite number of times but my answer is same. I fell out of love, I hate you Arjun!

Arjun: Say that again

Meera: Wha-

Arjun: I asked you to repeat the words that you said just now!

Meera: I hate yo-

Her words were cut shortened by a sudden kiss on her pair of lips. He pinned her hands above her head, forced his lips on hers. Their chests collided, one of his hands partly around her neck while the other one caressing her cheek.

Her tears stained her cheeks. She can't choose between living the life with the person she loves nor with the life imposed on her.

Meera: Arj... Arjun..

She held his face with her soft hands and mumbled.

Meera: Eventhough if I want to, I can't be in a relationship with you. My father suffered a heart attack before days. Doctor said that he'll only live for a few months. So my parents want me to marry me off to someone as a last wish of my father.

I revealed our relationship to my parents but they didn't approve. I have no other choice. I love you but I can't leave my parents for you.

Arjun: But I can throw away anyone in my life just to be with you!

Meera: There's nothing which I can do against my dad.

Arjun: Listen to me Meera, I don't give a fuck about others. You can meet and talk with whomever they want. But, at last I'll be the one who you'll be marrying.

Meera who was more confused at this stage, saw deep in his eyes and sensed rage in those. The thing which she has never seen before in him.
Upon realizing, Arjun maintained his cool again and cooed in her ears.

Arjun: Just wait for a few more days. I'll sort out all the issues. There won't be any hassle, everything will be smooth.
.
.
.

Sorry for making the wait. This is just a brief chapter of the upcoming canon event of this story.

Await for more interesting twists and turns.

Heyy guys, hope you liked this chapter. Pls do vote and comment your thoughts so that I can improve my writing if there are any flaws.
Good day.
-dazzlerxshasha