Calling All The Monsters! [1/3]

The college was abuzz with excitement and chatter as everyone gathered in the atrium with piles upon piles of boxes surrounding them. The labels stated everything from 'Life sized skeletons' to 'Halloween themed paper plates and napkins'.

Ms. Bustier stood at the top of the staircase, clipboard in hand and Marinette by her side. His friend looked all business, and Adrien couldn't help the added excitement of being involved in such an event. When Marinette had asked him to join the committee for the dance, there was no way he was saying 'no'. He loved Halloween, and this was the first time he was allowed to be involved in his friends' plans.

"Adrien," Marinette suddenly announced. "You'll be with Nino and Kim in charge of making me thirsty — I mean — stopping people from being thirsty." A small squeak left her lips before she tried again. "What I'm trying to say is, you will be at the drink stand." She dropped him a smile, which he proudly returned and watched fondly as her cheeks tinted in a beautiful shade of pink. He was starting to wonder what it was with this blush; it seemed to be more responsive to him than his father was.

As Marinette continued calling out everyone's jobs for the evening, Adrien took the time to look around at those in the decorating committee scurrying around with paper chains and streamers. As much as Marinette and Chloé didn't get on, the two of them working together on this event had been the perfect combination. Chloé decorated whilst Marinette arranged. A match totally made in hell.

The atrium to the collége had been completely transformed into a haunted mansion-esque room. There had been a horror maze erected, a dancefloor, a banqueting table (where Adrien would be supplying beverages) and scare actors. No fearful expense had been spared.

A fuzz began in his stomach. He was so excited he thought he was going to explode. Adrien had always been a fan of Halloween, but the added excitement came from the final announcement on Marinette's clipboard of chaos.

"And finally, the costume contest will take place around 9pm, just before the end of the evening, so if you're wearing makeup I suggest a quick coating of hairspray before you leave your house, or bringing it with you for a top up. See you all at 5pm."

The crowd broke into applause, Marinette making her way down the staircase and over to Alya. He couldn't take his eyes from her. He loved watching her when she was in control; the way she thrived from planning was the exact reason he called her their 'everyday Ladybug'. She just oozed that self righteousness only seen with Superheroes, and he couldn't help but wish he could see it more often.

The girls made their way out of the atrium and in the general direction of Marinette's place. He knew for a fact they were having a girlie evening together, an opportunity arising with his best friend, which he was certainly going to take.

"You want me to do what?" Nino gasped, looking at Adrien as though he'd just told him to get down on all fours and eat dog food.

"Come on man, it's not that big a deal!"

Adrien grabbed his bag and slung it over his head, the object of Nino's exasperation hid deeply inside.

"Not that big a deal? You do realise your hair's insured for a quarter of a million euros and your pops is just waiting for an excuse to send me to jail." They began to make their way out of the school and towards the street, Adrien's car absent from its usual place at the curb.

They stood still at the bottom of the stairs, Nino's eyes looking as though they were about to bulge out of his sockets.

"It's just a simple spray in and wash out dye. I read the reviews and everything. It'll be fine!"