To Feel You Breathe [Ladynoir - No reveal]

Ladybug's feet tangled around themselves and caused her to stumble over the rooftop. The toe of one foot collided hard with the heel of the other as she unceremoniously hopped in order to keep her stability.

The sudden weight shift had her colliding hard with the chimney, clipping her shoulder and scraping it against the hard, rough brick. Her hand slapped onto the wall, pushing herself away before clutching her shoulder and carrying on. She had to keep moving.

A red swirl of Ladybug's continued to dance around in the sky, circulating over her head; a promise of revival, a promise of luck, a promise of hope.

Her heart begged for the 'Miraculous Ladybug' to work the way it always did — rebuilding and reforming — as her mind reminded her about what was important. She couldn't stop and check everything was going to plan. Stopping would steal seconds away from her — precious seconds she didn't have.

Paris began to put itself back together; growing and growing as buildings and monuments reposition themselves in their pride of place. Back to being important to the citizens of the city — but right now, none of these were important to her.

She hadn't bothered to stop to check on the victim, or speak to Alya and make her usual statement, as soon as the Lucky Charm was launched high up into the air, she ran – fast, and with intent.

Taking a leap, she pushed herself from the rooftop landing straight onto the next; her feet never truly connected with the ground. She had tunnel vision; a one track in mind.

She skidded to a halt, attempting to gain her bearings. She looked around, not entirely sure where she was.

They'd started the fight in the 6th arrondissement.

A glance down jolted something in her memory as she noticed the boutiques on street level. She recognised them straight away. The one on the corner was where she'd been browsing when the first fireball hit – smashing through the roof as though it was made of paper and causing the building to crumble quickly and efficiently.

The Akuma had moved fast and struck hard — harder than she'd ever seen before — taking them on a tour of the city before she could finally conclude the fight near the Louvre.

She couldn't exactly remember where they were when it happened. The whole event felt like an out of body experience; her heart had become disjointed from her body as the Akuma's hard hitting, soul destroying ray took everything out of her.

Her eyes trailed the buildings in the east. Maybe, that had been the area. It definitely looked familiar – but so did an array of rooftops over Paris. Chimneys, rooftop gardens, walls — all an almost exact duplicate of each other.

Ladybug berated herself. She couldn't remember where it had happened. All she could remember was the feeling of him disintegrating through her fingers as she tried to keep him conscious and with her. A slow, painful death orchestrated with loud, ear piercing screams. She'd held him tight and close; his body finally slipped through her fingers and faded away to nothingness – her own screams taking over the unfortunate symphony.

He had to be here. He had to be somewhere – here . She'd fixed it! That's what she did.

Her eyes began to survey the area again, each breath catching hard in her throat with every beat of her heart. She stretched a hand up, clutching at her throat, at her chest – at anything – in hope it would help her breathe. Her airwaves tightening in reaction to the panic and the pain — labouring her breaths and causing her to claw at her airwards.

The red above her head, abruptly, gave way to blue.

Normality.

An imposter against the storm brewing in her heart.